Quite possibly my healthiest Thanksgiving Ever :-)


Hello my fellow Gobblers :-)

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm sorry for missing a few days, but I've been just completely enjoying my down time :-)  So we have a lot of catching up to do.

Let's see...where do I begin?  Well first let me say, this trip has been full of great choices. YEAH! 

Wednesday started with 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Honestly, the plan was for an hour, but I am blonde and had turned off all sounds on my phone not just everything except the alarm.  So I slept in a little longer than anticipated. The trip is long and lots of packing needed to be done.  So I was a good daughter and cut it short.  But, 30 minutes is better than nothing. 

While others were packing for the trip I was sent out to Panera's for lunch and Starbucks for sanity.  I got the tomato mozzarella half panini and the creamy tomato soup with an apple.  I really wanted to get a salad, but I wanted to make sure my belly was full.  8 hours in the car is a long time to have the munchies.  Guess what I got at Starbucks?  A tall skinny peppermint mocha of course :-) I also filled up my giant water bottle for the road.

As we approached North Carolina we needed to make a plan for dinner. We had already stopped twice and we had been in traffic for a while.  We usually stop at The Border Station.  It is a rest stop on the border between North Carolina and Virginia.  Half of the store is in one and half is in the other.  It's pretty cool for souvenirs, but food?  Um...everything is fried.   We stopped and the first thing I saw was that they had subs.  So we split a large roast beef (come on...we were having turkey the next day...and the day after that...and the day after that) on a whole wheat roll.  Not bad.  Not the best, but I didn't get fries so I'm happy.

Thanksgiving morning I was very sad. I woke up for sunrise club, but the clouds were all over. Sunrise club canceled *Sad face*  I decided to sleep in a little longer and then I was going to go walking.  Oops, I slept in a little longer than anticipated.  I'm totally sensing a theme on this vacation :-)  Once I got up I got ready to head out for a walk.  Oh yeah, while I was driving down I checked the mile marker from the edge of town to the house.  It was a little over 2 miles.  So the plan was to walk up and back twice. However, I got a later start and a friend was going to be arriving soon.  So I got in 4 miles, but then walked to the grocery store for some veggies.  Ran into mom while I was there, so got lazy and let her drive me back.

At the store I picked up some apples and fat free peanut butter for a snack.  *peanut butter is a good source of protein and apples are good for caffiene*  So that was holding me off until dinner.  We got kicked out of the kitchen (and I'm not complaining because that meant I would not be picking all day).  It was such a beautiful day that I came up with the genius idea to go see the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.  This is my fourth Thanksgiving here and I had not gone to see it ever.  OMG it was beautiful!  I will post pictures on my facebook page.

It was not open to climb, but I wanted to soooooo bad.  It's twelve stories and the tallest lighthouse in North America.  It's not open until the summer season, but I was invited to come back December 10 for the Ho Ho Ho Run Up The Stairs.  Oh how I wanted to do it.  Alas, that is Half Marathon day.  Oh well, maybe I will try for that next year :-)

So we got back home for dinner and it smelled fantastic!  You know I wanted everything (including a full bowl of mashed potatoes), but I was very good in my portions.  I got a small portion of almost everything, but I did not go for seconds.  YEAH!  I will admit that I did have a piece of pecan pie later...and a sliver of apple, but no ice cream.

This morning was pretty awesome. My cousins got chocolate and ice cream as their Thanksgiving present.  My aunt gave me a day pass for the gym.  So after Sunrise (oh it was just spectacular) I walked over.  I put in 5 miles on the treadmill (plus the 2 miles walking too and from) and then did a bunch of weights before I walked back.  Wanted to try the steam room, but it was taking too long to warm up.  The spa/gym was celebrating Black friday and I got a new water bottle...for just $3..Woo Woo.

When I got home I was starving.  I got out some turkey, green beans, and carrots for lunch. YEAH.  That pie is staring me in the face, but so far I have resisted. :-)

So now it is time to go back and enjoy the ocean and possibly do a little shopping...

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts