Happy Hump Day! It's down hill from here :-)

Congratulations!  The week is half over. You've almost made it!

Are you having one of those weeks?  I am.  And I even had a half day at work on Monday.  Luckily I only have one more day since I have Friday off...YEAH!  I'll be heading down to my mom's to go to the Food Show in DC this weekend. 

I'm going with my Auntie.  It's her favorite day of the year.  I'm very honored to be invited :-)  She is the best cook I know and her kitchen is one of my favorite places. She always signs up for one of  featured guest demonstrations. Previously she's seen Paula Dean, who is there again this year, but I think we know I would have freaked out at the amount of butter she uses.  I do love her accent and her food always looks good, but I would need to be carted off.  This year we are going to see Guy Fieri.  YEAH!  Should be a lot of fun.  Or a true nightmare.  I will need to figure out my plan for the day.  I've never been so it will be hard.  First up is to make sure that I have a nice protein filled breakfast.  Next will be to make sure I am drinking plenty of water.  I'm also thinking about chewing gum all day to keep from snacking.

I looked at the schedule and there are two demonstrations that I hope to see.  One is Surviving the Holidays and the other is a Caribbean one. :-)  With my luck one of them will be during the Guy Fieri time.  Fingers crossed!

The good news is that I have my new sneakers to wear all day and see how they do. **side note - naturally I got a coupon today for DSW...where I got the new sneakers two days ago...BAH**

                                                                     *************

I had such a good day walking at the mall yesterday that I went back again today.  I had been passing by the sale sign at Bath and Body Works and thought it would be a good idea to stop in and grab a Christmas present or two.  I figured I would do it on my last lap.  My pace was great and I was feeling good.  Then I started thinking about how much time was left between now and the race.  I have plans during 3 of the 5 weekends left before it.  ACK.  Would I be able to get another practice run in?  So I started to freak out.

I got smart.  I don't have Church Choir tonight.  I could go back to the mall after work.  So I skipped stopping at the store and headed back to work.  The new incentive was to go back for 5 more miles after work and then stop in for some presents.  I use the incentive program a lot.  I'm not allowed to get that until I walked 5 miles.  I can do that if I put in an extra 3 miles today.  Try it. 

So I did it.  I got in 8 miles today and I got two Christmas presents (and the smell so good I hope they last that long).  The only probably about walking the mall at night is the smell of the food.  I smell it at lunch, but it's a bit more powerful at night. 

It was a good day and now it's a relaxing night.  Modern Family is about to come on. Time for some Laughter Therapy.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts