Oh yeah, it was an 8 mile Thursday...GO ME!

Hello Beautiful People,

The weekend is almost here and I am quite happy.  I'm packed and ready to go to the beach. YEAH!

I'm especially excited because I did well today.  I walked my 4 miles at lunch.  I started to talk myself out of walking again tonight. I need to pack for the weekend. I need to stop at the library.  I fell asleep during my favorite show last night (PSYCH!) so I thought I should come home and go to bed early.  I can so easily talk myself out of working out it's scary.

So I offered myself a treat. I had a coupon for my shoe store and if I walked another 4 miles I could go in and look around.  *try the reward system...now I'm not saying spend a lot of money, maybe it's just a new pair of socks or a candle, but do what you have to to motivate yourself *  As soon as I started my first lap I was happy.  I knew I would be, I just had to get there.  Of course I had been walking outside this week and hadn't seen the mall since it threw up Christmas all over...Yup, the tree is up and Santa's Village is ready.

The only problem I had was that my sneakers weren't comfortable.  They were the ones that I keep in my car.  I didn't feel like I had any support.  Maybe it was my thin socks or maybe it's because I had worn my new sneakers this weekend, but I felt like it was time to retire them.  We've had a good run.  So after my hour I went to the clearance section at DSW.  I found a pair of cool purple Nikes that I liked and another pair of new balance.  When I put them next to the pair I was wearing it was sad.  Mine were so beat up :-(  Of course that means I had used them a lot :-) 

Anyway, I was trying to decide which pair to buy when I saw another pair out of the corner of my eye...hmm...they were a little more than the others, but oh dear heaven they were fun for my tootsies.  Should I?  Oh I should. Pretty Grey and Hot Pink RealFlex Reeboks :-) I shall retire the pair I was wearing and hopefully someone will buy them from Good Will and give them a good home.

So twice today I was telling someone that I will be in a Marathon in one month. I immediately followed it up with "It's a Half Marathon".  Why do I do that?  I feel like I'm beating myself up.  I'm excited about this and yet I feel like I'm letting myself down.  Does that make sense?  13.1 miles. That's nothing to sneeze at.  When people ask how long the Half is and I say 13 they always have the same reaction: Wow, that's a lot.  I'm hoping that my reaction is because I know that I can do much more and not because the Fat Angel on my shoulder is taking over.

As far as food choices today, I did fairly well.  I can honestly say that I did not have any fudge tonight.  Sadly, that is because I finished it after I posted last night :-(  I hate that I did that, but I'm going to look forward.  Now I don't have the temptations sitting around calling my name.

Tomorrow I am eating out for lunch and dinner and then I have a long drive after work.  I will do my best to make good choices.  Wish me luck :-)

Oh and PS - yes I shaved today

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts