Tan Goggles

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

So I'm happy to report that I have a nice tan going. I may burn a little in the beginning, but after that I tan easily and fast. I have been able to worship the sun 3 times this summer (which makes me cry because even just a few years ago I would be in the double digits by now...too busy :-(  ) And I have a nice bronze glow going.

This tan skin is probably a nice contributer to my obsession with my legs. I am sure they looked nice previously, but now that they are tan they look fantastic.  Why do I always think I look skinnier with a tan? I don't suffer from beer goggles, but maybe I suffer from Tan Goggles.

The Former Fat Girl had a love hate relationship with the summer. She hated wearing shorts and bathing suits, but she loved loved LOVED getting tan. Ironic really, since she had to wear shorts or bathing suits to get that tan.

I don't know why, but fat looks better tan.  So why the heck is my belly practically repelling the sun????? Maybe I would like it better if it was tan.  But, alas not this year. my chest and limbs are dark now...I will not bare my naked belly to the sun this year. I look too silly. Panda-like really.

The Former Fat Girl loved when she got tan. She could fool herself into thinking that she was much smaller than she actually was.

Today I am still loving my tan. Although now I am wondering if I think I look better because of the tan or if it's for real.  There is a reason that body builders get very tan for competitions. It helps define the muscles.

Tonight I wore a tank top to the gym. I liked my tan shoulders. They looked good.  Of course I also got nice and sweaty tonight. My back is still slightly burnt. So it was a gross night. I got some little water blisters back there and the peeling started on some of the back. Ick. Tan isn't always pretty.

So the other weird tan thing that happened is that when I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago I got a weird burn on my knees. Well it turned to a dark tan. But the rest of the leg never evened out so I look like my knees are all bruised. Weird.

Sorry this was a little short, but tonight was a distance night at the gym and I'm tired physically and mentally...and my knees are screaming at me.

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts