Baby Cassidy has arrived!

Happy Sunday Beautiful People,

First let me say...3 weeks til Shark week! HOLLA!!!!  And now for the good stuff. Little Miss Cassidy has arrived. 

The plan for the day was to go to church, then run to Walmart to get a card and some treats for the family, and then head to Starbucks to study while I wait for mom to get here so that we could head to the hospital.  As I was getting ready I decided to go to Starbucks before church and grab breakfast and a drink.  I was thinking I would get a multigrain bagel and an unsweetened iced green tea. And then I was running out of time so I figured I would just get a pastry. And I finally saw the calories listed. I wanted to cry. I don't get pastries that often and I know that it's a treat when I do. I know that the lemon pound cake that I like is not on the 'light' side. I didn't think it was 500 calories a slice though. Dang it. I got a reduced fat berry crumb cake. Still not that low in calories, but it was the better option.

Church was delightful. I'm so excited that I have a new place to worship. I was really worried about finding a new church. And afterwards I ran to Walmart. I found some sweet little socks and hand covers for little Cassidy. I also wanted to pick up something for the new Mom. I got her some lip balm and tic-tacs. I thought about a big chocolate bar or something fun like that, but opted against it.

I went back to Starbucks to wait for mom and go a second iced green tea. I was saving my free drink for the ride. I had planned on getting something pumped full of caffeine and bad for me. When I got in line I saw something new: Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade....ok, let's try it. OMG it was like a flavor explosion in my mouth. It was soooo yummy and refreshing. Yes Please!

The ride to the hospital was about an hour. And when we got there I was simply amazed. This hospital is wonderful. If I ever have a kid I am moving to Lancaster so that I can deliver there. So the right thing to say is that when I walked in the room the first thing I noticed was the baby. But, she was the second thing. There was a scrumptious looking slice of pie right next to the bed. I am in a hospital right? Don't you usually get pudding or jello?

Once I got past the pie I saw the little peanut. OMG she is so stinkin cute. SO cute. Her mother is gorgeous and dad is doing well. I love my family!  We only stayed for a little over an hour. Everyone needed rest, but it was so wonderful to be there.  Kim offered me a bit of her pie and I declined. She said "Be sure to blog about how you turned down this delicious dessert haha." I wanted to cave, but woman just gave birth, she can have the whole slice.

Aunt Kathy also came to the hospital and so the three of us decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. The hospital is right down the street from the mall and about 15 minutes from the outlets with lots of options for food.  We opted to go to the mall. When we got there we looked at the directory and just decided to go to TGIFridays...as it was close to where we parked and the mall directory was weird.

Looking at the menu I wanted a burger. I could smell burgers. I wanted a burger. But, I wanted to be good too. I still had to blog tonight.  We opted to split a flatbread appetizer that was under 750 calories. I wanted that burger sooooo bad, but I opted for an entree that was also under 750 calories: The Dragonfire Chicken: Fire-grilled chicken breast glazed in a Kung Pao sauce. Served over jasmine rice pilaf with pineapple pico de gallo, mandarin oranges and fresh steamed broccoli.

When it came out I still wanted a burger, but my food was delicious and was satisfied when I was done. I wasn't stuffed. I didn't feel greasy. I wasn't burping up onion rings. I was happy. I felt good with my choice.

So all in all...it was a good day!  Welcome to the World Cassidy! 

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts