Hot enough for ya?

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I'm just going to say it: It is hot as HELL out there.  Hot and humid.  It takes me an hour to pick out what to wear to work every morning. Jeans are a big giant NO NO. I am afraid I would spontaneously combust walking to the car. I swear to you that I am at the point where I would go to work naked if it was allowed.  I read a tweet the other day that said "If you live alone and you are home more than 15 minutes before you are naked, then you are doing it wrong." I am feeling that.

Seriously, right now you could not pay me to wear pants. I break out into a sweat just thinking about it. Skirts and dresses only thank you.  I used to get into an argument with a friend who didn't think it was fair that Ladies got to wear short skirts to work and he was forced to wear pants. Really? You don't want to get in that argument with me if you have a penis. Boys, you can legally go outside without a shirt on. NEVER EVER complain that ladies can wear skirts. Someone decided to make boobs sexual instead of necessary in the circle of life and therefore I HAVE to wear a shirt everywhere. If I ever find out who is responsible for that!

It's Hot. I'm bloated. I'm about to get my period. I'm doubly bloated. It's Hot. I'm cranky. I'm about to get my period. I'm doubly cranky. I feel like as soon as the temps break back into the 80's I will lose about 4 inches to my waist and about 90 pounds of water weight. I drink water all of the time, but I am only peeing about half of the time that I usually do...ugh.

It is so hot that I get sweaty walking from the office to the car. I am already sweaty when I walk into the gym. COME ON!  I have no chance. Tonight was a distance night. But, as I was leaving work I was really thinking that it would be a shorter distance. I couldn't handle sitting in my car all nasty and hot.  I got to the gym and jumped on my treadmill. I seem to get the same one almost all of the time. It's in front of the ESPN tv with Closed captioning so THANK you everyone who go elsewhere.  I started my run and was feeling great. Okay, maybe I'll stay on a little longer. OH so here's something new. I went HEAVY on my chest workout last night. So all of my running made me feel like my boobs were going to fall off at any moment tonight. During mile 4 I kicked it up. And then I had this horrible pain shoot through my knee. EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I walked a little just to see how it was doing. I could walk. I was limping at first, but eventually I felt comfortable enough to walk at a faster pace. After 15 minutes I decided to see if I could jog. Pain with the first step. DANG IT.  Back to walking. So I was okay with the walking and I thought I would just do 90 minutes. But, then I was able to get my walking pace up ridiculously high and so I figured as long as I was able to walk I would go the full 2 hours. I have tomorrow off and Gym Crush Headband is working at the gym tonight...so um...I'll do it. My new walk pace is insane. It's my old jogging pace. HOLLA!  So the new plan is that with less than 2 months to go, I will alternate working on my run pace and my walk pace.

When I was done I was a slick slick mess. I was like a greased pig. Soaking wet. I don't even want to think about what I smelled like. And of course as I am limping out Gym Crush Headband (although Hottie Headband may be more appropriate) said "Good Night". I mumbled out a "Night" because I was focusing on not falling and yet moving fast enough that my sweat smell didn't make him sick. What I really wanted to say was "I will pay you a million dollars if you would carry me to my car." OMG that was the LONGEST walk ever.

Fear not, it's been iced and elevated. No leg work tomorrow.  Will need to think about what to do for Boot Camp Thursday. Hopefully I'll be good for a little run at the gym Friday before I head to the beach for the weekend.

Okay, so where was I?  Oh yeah, the heat. I had the AC on full blast my whole ride home and I was still a little on the moist side when I pulled in to park. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

SO how is my hair doing? I'm glad you asked. It's long enough to put in pigtails for the gym, but not long enough for a decent pony tail for every day. I want to scream. ARGH!  I can't cut it. I'll lose my mind. I NEED to be able to pull it off of my neck.

Last night I stopped for a few groceries and was in the ice cream section. I wanted to get one of the little dollar ice cream things. They are like an ounce or something. OMG the calories for 4 stinking spoonfuls is over 200 calories. Um...so I passed. Then I saw the sugar free klondike bars that were 150 calories each. Okay. I'm in.

I had one last night and it was little on the melted side. It was unsatisfying. So I had a second. DAMN IT. I know in my head that the consistency of the ice cream center in no way affects how many calories are in it, but the Former Fat Girl can rationalize anything if you let her.

I don't know why I bought them. I have a box full of tropical sugar free popsicles in the freezer to cool me off. YUMMY!  Pineapple. Coconut. Strawberry (I think)  Good stuff.

So tomorrow I have a day off of work. I shall get my oil changed in the morning (and study while I wait) and then we will keep cool by going to the movies.

Keep it  cool Bleeps and stay safe.  Drink your water!

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts