Sharks, Exams, and a Sweaty Boot Camp

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

Have you watched Sharknado???  Are you prepared?  Do you know what to do in the event that a tornado full of sharks hits land?  Stick with me!  I'm on it!  Tonight was Boot Camp and I was in a rush to get home because Sharknado was on at 7. A big shout out to my mom who gave me the play by play of the first 15 minutes as I was driving. Seriously, she was good...it was hilarious!

ps...17 days til Shark Week!

Alright, down to the real stuff. Guess what I did today!  Go ahead...guess...I scheduled my Personal Trainer Certification Exam! HOLLA!!!  I had to factor in a few things. I have some plans coming up and there are vacation days for others at work being used next month. If we are shorthanded then I will be busy and Ms. Liz will be out for a week. That is most definitely not a good time for me.

I also have training for the Philly Rock'n'Roll to think about. But, I've done it before so I can do it again. And...my knee is sore so....

I am not going to say when the exam is, only that it is scheduled before Labor Day. As I said before, I have always suffered from text anxiety and this is no exception. When we were out to dinner Sunday Aunt Kathy was talking about an exam that she took and I practically vomited on the spot...and it wasn't even my test.  If I didn't have to request off of work I may not have told anyone when it was and quite frankly I didn't have to tell them why I wanted off...dang it... I will let you know when I have taken it whether I pass or fail. But, hopefully I pass :-)

So after I scheduled the exam we made the decision to move Boot Camp inside. My response: horrible news for my knee, but it's what's best for humanity.  I polled the usual suspects and wasn't getting a lot of people saying they were coming. :-(  I counted 4 people including myself.

But, by the time we started we had 7. HOLLA!  The floor is solid and doesn't give. I was not going to be jumping. My knee hadn't bothered me since the gym, but just standing there I could see that it was really swollen and I couldn't put my full weight on it. Crap! When I was talking with Trainer Alex he said it sounded like a torn Meniscus. Awesome...just what I wanted to hear...NOT!

The first thing we did was lateral jumps then squats over hurdles. Umm...I stepped over gently and didn't quite get a full squat. I did kill on the double tap scissor crunches though. We did some push ups and more abs. Then it was time for Bulgarian lunges. Basically, you put one foot up on a chair behind you. Then you lean forward on a bent knee to touch the ground. Nothing about that sounded good for my knee. I went and got ice for it instead (a little bribery).  Then we had some more upper body and core.

Class was great, but we had some issues...we were all pretty slick and our plank/pushups were a little difficult to stick. I had already doubled up on my mats so that my knee would have a cushion. I felt like the Princess in the Pea though because by the time class was over I had another mat on there. It was easier to grip. Thank goodness.  It was a gross ride home...just sayin.

Okay so my original plan for tomorrow was to go to the gym after work, then come home, shower, pack the car (with my dirty clothes to take down for laundry), and get on the road. But, I changed my mind. I did all of my laundry tonight and packed a bag to take to the gym. I shall shower at the gym and get on the road.  Let's hope it's a good plan.  If I'm lucky, Hottie Headband will be there and I won't stink when I leave the gym this time. haha.

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts