Stress + Family Parties = Way too many Temptations

Happy Sunday Bleeps,

Well It's been a while. My life is always busy, but this past week was supercharged. Lots of good. Lots of temptations. Lots of family time. I have so much to tell, but it's late and I want to recap the days as best that I can. So I will make my notes and detail them this week.

Right now I want to talk about how I did overall and how I felt that I did.  I have been disappointed in my decisions. The reality is that once again, compared to what the Former Fat Girl used to eat this was nothing. My cheat days were still minimal compared the old days. Notice how I did not say the 'Good old days'.  That still doesn't make me feel better though.

I'm stressed. You know that. Stress plus family parties equal way too much temptation for my liking.  I knew it was going to be tough. I tried my best plans: I made sure that I drank plenty of water before the parties. I made sure to eat before I arrived so that I would not arrive hungry. I tried to spend minimal time away from the 'food areas'. I bought diet ginger ale knowing that my belly would probably be a little on the upset side.

When it came to my eating I kept my portions down. So while the food choices were not my ideal, my portions were small. Sometimes that's the best option.  When I did find myself munching I tried to stick to the veggies/hummus and chips/fruit. The occasional chip snuck in there...possibly a few bite sized brownies...and a little more soda than I cared to admit. It was diet and the sole purpose was to help me burp, but that doesn't make me feel better.

The parties were celebrations...there was cake. Lots of cake. Argh. How did I do?  Well I didn't fall into a diabetic coma...but, I'm 100% sure my sugar levels were way off.

And to be honest, there were a few moments during the past weekend that I thought "Oh I wish I could just throw up and feel better." I would never do that. I need to take responsibility for my actions.  That means living with the ickiness and trying to rectify the situation. Thank goodness tomorrow is Make Amends Monday!

So on top of everything else, I have not had an official workout since Thursday. WHAT?  I had all of these great plans for workouts. But, sleep took over sometimes...hectic schedules took over others...and quite frankly, because I ate crap I have felt like crap.  It's not a good feeling. I can't believe that I am actually looking forward to getting the week started so that I can get back into my food and workout routine.

I'll leave you with some teasers for upcoming posts this week:

*Boot Camp was cancelled...but, we still got a workout in
*Baby Cassidy Time! ...and a photo or two if you are good
*Return of the HulaHoop
*A streak has been broken
*Tony Stewart...has he called?...ha just kidding, no he hasn't :-(

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts