Run for Autism - Please help me reach my goal



Dear ­­Bleeps,
I am eager to share with you a huge personal challenge I've recently committed to. I am currently training to run my fifth marathon. That's right, the whole 13.1 miles! On September 15th, I will run the Rock'N'Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia with the RUN FOR AUTISM, a charity running team for the Organization for Autism Research. Running a marathon has been a goal of mine for some time now and this organization has given me the opportunity to achieve this goal for a reason bigger than myself. 
I am running the Half Marathon for a couple of reasons.  First, I run in honor of several children of dear friends. The second reason is for my own personal growth.  I've been blessed with good health and participated in sports for most of my life. RUN FOR AUTISM gives me the opportunity to overcome my own obstacles as well as honor and support those whose daily lives are impacted by autism.
As you may or may not know, 1 in 110 children are born with autism, which directly affects the way a person interacts with people and their environment. Autism is a lifelong challenge for the individuals diagnosed, and a life-changing challenge for their families. While the cause is unknown and a cure is not yet on the horizon, research provides hope and the promise of a better quality of life for those affected by autism.

All proceeds will go to the Organization for Autism Research, a national non-profit organization that funds research and resources for individuals diagnosed with autism and their families. My goal (besides making it through 13.1 miles in one piece) is to raise $600 by September 1. While running the Half Marathon this September, I know that each mile will symbolize another step on the road a better quality of life for those affected by autism, and with your help, I will raise the money needed to fund essential research and invaluable resources. Every donation, no matter how big, makes a difference. Donations can be sent by check to the address below or pledged with a credit card at http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13. 

 I truly appreciate your willingness to help, and again, thank you for your generosity.
 If you have enjoyed my blog please share my link.  If everyone who reads this donates even just $5 it will make such a difference.  This is my second race with Run For Autism and I could not be more honored to be an advocate for those who can benefit from this research.
Thank you So much for your time,
Jennie Henderson

ps-The color of the tutu for this race has yet to be determined...I will poll all of those who make a pledge :-)

Have a Blessed Night.


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Fundraising for Run for Autism: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

Comments

Popular Posts