Woke up in a puddle of drool...

Happy Friday Beautiful People!

So I'm tired. I'm darn tired. I know I've been feeling a little run down this week and last night it really caught up to me. Let's just say that yesterday was the first day that I thought Yoga at lunch was not the best idea. Sure it relaxed my body, but to what cost?  I was really having a hard time focusing and staying awake for the rest of the afternoon.  I think I might have been a little too relaxed...if that's even possible.

My plan for the night was to run to Old Navy and return a top. Then I was going to head to Panera or Starbucks for some studying and wait out the Rush hour traffic. When I took back the shirt I just sat in my car thinking. Would I be able to focus and study if all I could think of was "It's still going to be another hour before I get home"?  The answer is NO.  So I headed home.

First I made one quick stop at TJ Maxx to check out leggings for the race next month. And let me tell you something, that was not fun. I had just taken a shirt back to Old Navy because it was too big. That actually was fun. It was a medium too! I was feeling all good about it and then I hit the racks for pants.  They are a tough call. Depending on the cut I could be a large or a medium. So I grabbed a little of both.

I'm mad at myself for even taking the large in there with me. I just returned a MEDIUM top (and that's with my boobs!) and here I am picking out Large pants.   Pants are hard enough for me to find good fits for because of my length-challenged legs. I am happy to report that I found a pair of mediums that I absolutely adored. They are so soft and truly I would wear them every day with a sweatshirt if I was allowed.

So I got my pants and headed straight home. I could not make dinner and put on my PJs fast enough.  Thursdays are the one night that I really like to watch tv all night. I like Big Bang Theory, Parks & Recreation, The Office, and Elementary. I hardly ever make it to the end of that though.  And generally I'm busy doing stuff while I watch.  Last night was so not one of those nights. I sat like a blob. I laughed and laughed and then passed out asleep. I didn't even make it to the start of Elementary. I fell asleep sitting up in bed with my contacts in. When I woke up my head was hanging forward and I had a strand of drool going from my mouth to my shoulder. Ewww. I got up and took my contacts out. I had hoped maybe that would wake me up. But no. I then woke up an hour later while Elemantary was almost over and my face was smashed into my pillow with a puddle of drool under it. How I didn't break my glasses is a miracle.

I guess I was tired. I feel like I have been fighting off getting sick all week...argh.

And so with 3 weeks to go until Race Day I am taking it easy for a few days. My body is exhausted. I need to give it some rest before I get sick and that really holds me back.

This of course will stress me out. I am going away this weekend. Monday I have book club. Wednesday I have a church discussion. Basically I am keeping it light until Tuesday's long distance run. I will try to do a yoga dvd (the weather is too sucky for a walk/run) in the morning (upper body at the gym tonight) and hopefully get in an hour's walk on sunday between church and the Daytona 500.  It's going to suck mentally, but my body needs this. As much as I want to keep up my training I need to be smart.

This is why it's so important to plan ahead. I know what days I can "rest" and what days I will be doing a certain workout. I know my yoga days. I know my distance days. I know my weights days. So as much as it will pain me to rest myself, it's okay because I know what's coming and I know that I will be back on track. I is so important to pay attention to your body and listen to it. Mine is screaming at me. I got the message. We shall rest.

I also need to really focus on what I am eating for this week. The cheat day must be limited and my meals need to be lean. What I can't stress enough is that if you absolutely do not have the time to get your workouts in, then it is very important to eat healthy. Cut out the junk. You'll feel better and more energized...and that may just give you some extra time to include that workout. :-)

I mean I really need to take care of myself. What if Tony Stewart calls and I'm too sick to talk to him?  On that note, Good Luck this Sunday Tony!  And um...Call me! (seriously, if I have readers all over the world there has to be someone in North Carolina or Indianapolis who knows him...haha).

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts