Happy Purple Random Wednesday

It's Purple Random Wednesday!  WOO WOO

I'm still on my Ravens Super Bowl win High...YEAH!  It was a nailbiter in the second half, but I am quite quite happy with the outcome. My food choices eh, well that's another story. 

Ms. Cheryl was hosting us for the game and, as always, had a lovely spread of food. There were plenty of vegetables for me and for that I am very thankful. I most definitely ate a lot of carrots and cucumbers.  In all honesty, I didn't eat as much as I thought I would in terms of volume. My appetizers plate really only had one scoop of the bean dip and tortilla chips, vegetables, and a scoop of the tuna salad with a couple of triscuits to go with it. I only went back for seconds for another scoop of the bean dip and more veggies. I honestly think I could have had more, but oh the mix of tuna and bean dip in my mouth and belly was nauseating.

So when dinner was ready I was quite happy. Daddy had prepared a giant bowl of hot wings and Ms. Cheryl made some croissant wrapped hot dogs. I had 3 wings and one hot dog. When I finished eating I put my plate down to let my belly catch up with my head. I could have easily gotten up for a second plate, but I wanted to wait. Soon came the throw-up burp. It was HORRIBLE. I didn't actually throw up, but I had NO desire to eat anything else after that. So while my portions were small, my choice of mixing my foods was not smart. I just can't handle doing that any more.

*****

So I started looking at my possible New Healthy meal choices for the month of February. I'm pretty excited for one that I have picked and I'm going to try it this weekend: Hummus and Roasted Veggie Pizza.  Roasted veggies, hummus, and goat cheese (probably switching to feta or something else) on a soft tortilla shell (whole wheat).

*****

Did you watch the Super Bowl? Did you like the commercials?  I know there was a lot of "ewws" at the GoDaddy.com commercial with the model and the nerd. But, I would like to point out one commercial that had me really pissed. If I wasn't already skipping Fast Food I would absolutely Boycott Hardees. Did you see that commercial with the chick in the bikini on the beach during the sunset just chomping on and making love to her fish sandwich? Um...FOUL!  I know this is not geared towards women, they have to be idiots if they think that was appealing. But, seriously, no one who looks like THAT is eating those sandwiches.

*****

I took Monday off from work so that I could stay at my Dad's to watch the Super Bowl. And while I was packing up in the morning I was watching some Old School Fresh Prince of Bel Air. That was such a funny show.

The episode was about  a Soul Train reunion.  Uncle Phil and Aunt Vivian got engaged on Soul Train.  I was a little upset about the comments that Will made to Phil about his weight in the episode. I know are a staple in the show, but I guess I never really paid attention when it was on. Why are fat jokes necessary?

And of course it's just another show with an overweight man with a skinny wife. Because that's acceptable, but an overweight wife isn't. ARGH.  Do not get me started! 

*****

Before I left to come home I went out to lunch with my dad. We went to the restaurant with the amazing Eggplant roll that I love so much. I had considered getting that, but I had such an upset belly the day before that I didn't want another heavy meal in my belly for the drive home. I need to start carrying Tums around with me.

I was looking at the menu when they told us what the specials were. BBQ Pulled pork sandwiches. SOLD!  Seriously, I just cannot say no to that!  It was leftover from their Super Bowl party. And it was heavenly!

*****

I was speeding home to make it to Crossfit class. He had started selling his equipment on Friday (and when I got there friday night it was mostly gone...but I got 2 items). So we would be doing a lot of body weight movements. Personally I think he has to close the gym because he is secretly killing off his clients. Just kidding. But man, every week is killer for me. Monday was all inclusive: Legs, shoulders, back, arms...you name it.

I'm not used to that class at night. Usually I am moving around for the rest of the day. But, after a night class I shower and go to bed. I was in a whole lotta hurtin in the morning. All of the squats and lunges made me look like I was Herman Munster as I was walking around.

*****

So GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Plaza Azteca FINALLY opened!  I could hardly contain myself when I passed it yesterday. I will be going for lunch with Ms. Tracey on Friday.  I can't sit still I am so excited.

I have to be careful though. I am planning on going to the gym that night and I don't want to be throwing up on the treadmill and pulling a Jackson. lol. Oh I heart Jackson!

*****

Okay so while I was down at the beach I stopped in to the winery where Ms. Cheryl works. I don't drink wine, but wanted to say hi and see what it was like. She has always suggested a wine tasting for me, but really, if it doesn't taste super fruity, I'm not really going to like it.

I was checking out their Fruity section and tried the peach, green apple, and strawberry wines. I really liked the strawberry. She had made a slushie out of it before that was yummy. I ended up buying a bottle. 

Ms. Kerri is going on vacation this Friday and won't be back until next Thursday. I am anticipating a very stressful week. So I will allow myself one glass a night...but only after I get in a workout of the day.

*****

Last night I was all stressed out. I really wanted and needed to go to the gym. My muscles were tight and sore from crossfit and I needed to go for a good walk. But, my head was wrapped around my giant "to do" list. I had planned on getting a lot done while I was away for the weekend, but I was so exhausted that I didn't do much on my list...well nothing on my list to be more precise. And I didn't get home early on Monday so I didn't get to use my day off for that either.

I dressed for the gym and was heading out of work when I noticed that it had started to snow. I didn't think it was supposed to start until later in the night.  So I decided that was my sign to go home early and knock some off my list....and I knocked 4 off so I was pretty happy with that.

*****

Well last night I checked the Crossfit website and was super sad to see that it is now closed. :-(  I knew it was probably going to close sooner than it was scheduled for, but I was still hoping to at least get one more Saturday workout in.  Now it's up to me to keep my momentum going and figure something out.   I may try a pilates dvd saturday morning. I need to up my training for the Half Marathon next month so I want to cut back on the weights a little.

*****

Speaking of the Half Marathon, I am now over my halfway mark for my fundraising. I am so thankful for everyone for their support.

They also finally officially registered me for the race. It was a generic registration which is kind of funny. But, what's not funny is the time they registered me for. UM...unless they are giving me a set of wheels too I am not going to make that time. It's not a big deal, except that it would basically put me in one of the front corrals for the start of the race and that's just not going to happen. I would be starting about 45 minutes earlier than my pace group. Umm.... I will just need to change that when I pick up my race packet.

*****

So when dad came home to go to lunch on Monday he was not alone...he brought a box full of Girl Scout cookies. Not a box of Girl Scout cookies. A BOX FULL of Girl Scout Cookie Boxes!  It took everything I had not to grab a box of Tag-a-longs and make a run for it.

So I'm pretty much going to need to wait them out. I can't go down again until those boxes are either gone or locked away....hmm...they have gun safes, maybe I could make my million on Girl Scout Cookie Box safes!

*****
It's time to update your playlists!  I already have a couple of these in mine and am planning on adding a few more.

Zedd & Foxes - Clarity - 129 BPM
Ke$ha - C'mon - 125 BPM
Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not - 94 BPM
Martin Solveig & Dev - We Came to Smash - In a Black Tuxedo - 132 BPM
Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love - 128 BPM
Rihanna - Diamonds (Congorock Remix) - 126 BPM
Icona Pop & Charli XCX - I Love It (Cobra Starship Remix) - 130 BPM
Conor Maynard & Ne-Yo - Turn Around - 128 BPM
Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath (Cash Cash Remix) - 128 BPM
Ke$ha, Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, Becky G - Die Young (Remix) - 128 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts