Run for Autism




Dear Friends, Family, and Bleeps who I love so dearly,

I am running with the RUN FOR AUTISM team on March 16, 2013 in the Rock’n’Roll USA Half Marathon in DC.  Aside from training over the next five weeks I have decided to turn my workouts and long runs into something really meaningful. I am contacting you to help me raise money for Autism Research.

When I signed up for the RUN FOR AUTISM team, I learned that 1 in 4 people in the United States know someone with autism.  It is estimated that at least 1.7 million individuals in the U.S. are grappling with this complex and baffling disorder.  The signs of autism become apparent by the time the child is three years old. This lifelong developmental disorder affects the way people interact with their environment. I was surprised to learn that individuals with autism may never speak, marry, hold a job or live on their own.  Autism is a lifelong challenge for the individuals diagnosed, and a life-changing challenge for their family.  While there is no known cause and a cure is not yet on the horizon, research provides hope and the promise of a better quality of life for those affected by autism.

I am dedicating this run to Alex Rolfe. He is the 5 yr old son of a very dear friend of mine.  I have seen the struggles that both she and he have faced and it is in honor to be an advocate for him. Over the past 5 years I have seen this young boy blossom into a bright and social young boy. That is in part to the 24/7 care that he gets from his mother, special therapists, and teachers. There is still a long road ahead though.

When I told people that I was joining this fight I was surprised at how many friends had Autistic children and I didn’t even know. Autism affects so many people that I hold so dear to my heart and I will do what I can to help them.

I am asking for your support.  All proceeds go to the Organization for Autism Research, a national non-profit organization that funds research and offers resources for individuals diagnosed with autism and their families.

Please consider sponsoring me in the RUN FOR AUTISM.  Every donation makes a difference.  To find out more about the Organization for Autism Research, please visit the website www.researchautism.org.

Please check out my personal pledge page. If you are unable to donate that is okay. I only ask that you help spread the word. There are so many beautiful people that we can help with this research. Even $5 helps.

 
Thank you in advance for your support,
 

Jennie, the Former Fat Girl

Have a Blessed Night my friends.


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts