January was a GOOD month on the Scale

Hello Beautiful People,

I have some Fantastic news to share!  No, Tony Stewart did not call....yet (I'm assuming he's a little busy preparing for the Daytona 500 in a couple weeks...but I'm still holding out hope!). No, I did not sign up for my Certification Exam just yet (I did submit my tax return last night so as soon as I get my refund GAME ON!).

My dear friends, I lost 10 lbs in January.  TAKE THAT YOU BLASTED PLATEAU!  That's right, I currently weigh less than I did  back in May.  I can hardly believe it. Well actually I can.

Last week I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised. But, I didn't get overly excited. Body weight can fluctuate. The Friday that I was leaving for the Polar Plunge I debated stepping on the scale. On one hand, if it was a good number I would feel really good about getting in that bikini.  On the other hand, a bad number might depress me to no end and the last place I want to go if that happens is the beach. It's already hard enough to make wise choices down there with all of those temptations. 

I did it though. I put on my Big Girl pants and stepped on the scale. Oh glory be! It went down even further! I was practically screaming from the mountain tops.

Let me repeat it, because it sounds soooo damn good to say it: I lost 10 lbs in January. Now ask me how?

Why Jennifer, what fancy pill did you take to lose the weight?  Were you on some new diet that I should know about?

Why no silly, I lost it the old fashioned way: Working out and Eating right.

But, Jennifer, you do that regularly. What's so different this time?

I'm glad you asked. Let me tell you: I switched it up. I did not eat less than before. Nor did I workout more. I simply changed things up. I shook up my routine and my body responded.

For my food I fully credit incorporating my new dishes and lots of soup. The broth filled me up and the veggies were plentiful. I added the pork with asparagus, the chicken jambalaya, and the egg whites into my routine. It shook things up.

For my workouts I started Crossfit and added weekly yoga. I had a few more rest days than usual, but I compensated with more intense workouts too.

I knew this is what it was going to take to bust through the plateau and honestly I'm not sure why it took me so long to follow through on it, but I have and there's no turning back.

For the half marathon next month I am going to be ten pounds lighter than I was for the last two. WOW. Carry around two 5lb weights for a little while if you don't think it's that big of a deal. I am tiny. Ten lbs is a lot. I would like to lose another 5 in 6 weeks. I could probably try for another 10, but I'll be realistic with 5.

Okay well I could go on, but today I had yoga at lunch and then a chair massage in the afternoon. I'm a little toooo relaxed right now. This has taken forever to write. haha. 

Before I go, let me challenge you to switch things up this next week. Shake it up people!  And for goodness sakes, someone tell Tony Stewart to call me!

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

  1. Awesome job girl! I've been really down lately but as always you continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts