My Guilty Pleasure: Say Yes To the Dress

Happy Friday Bleeps!

Everyone has a little guilty pleasure and mine is Say Yes to the Dress. I cannot get enough of this show. I heart Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta sooo much. I can't wait for that to come back. I know it sounds weird because I've said repeatedly that I don't plan on getting married. And I still don't. I know that saddens some of my family. I am not saying that I won't one day, it's just not something that I visualize and dream about.

However, if that special someone does come along and sweeps me off of my feet and somehow convinces me to marry him, I have seen the dress that I want. And it's nothing like I ever imagined for me.  I am not going to describe the dress, because for all I know Mr. Someone Special is reading this right now. But rest assured, that if it does happen I am heading to Atlanta for help from Lori and Monty!

My whole life if I was forced to think about what type of wedding dress I wanted two things came to mind. The first was an Empire waist gown. As a Former Fat Girl that was my best friend dress. It highlighted my boobage and did not hug the belly. The second was a corset princess dress. Let's corset it up and suck it in. And then throw that giant skirt out there to make my waist look smaller.  At my height that doesn't actually work.

One thing that I never ever imagined was strapless. I never wanted my arms to show. Let's have those sleeves go all of the way down to the hands...this obviously ruled out a summer wedding as I would have been more comfortable in a wedding dress with a turtleneck.

Every so often on Say Yes to the Dress they will feature a bride who has lost a lot of weight. Inevitably they always have a hard time looking at themselves as beautiful. It's ironic, when they look their best they have a hard time being happy about it. Many times they are focusing on what they perceive as fat or ugly no matter how much everyone is telling them how gorgeous they look. Um..totally see myself in them.  No matter how much weight I lose going into the fitting room still brings on full on panic attacks.  It's very hard to look past the flaws when you've been looking at them your whole life.

I'm a little amazed at how many dresses are tight from the boobs to the lower hip area.Okay in honesty, they mortify me. Then again, there's no hiding the belly in those dresses.  A lot of curvy ladies pick the mermaid or trumpet dresses. My head says that's not flattering, but it is.  It's just not my choice.

Okay so speaking of weddings, I have been kicking something around. I have been to my share of showers over the years. And none have been for me. So I was thinking of throwing myself a Personal Trainer Shower when I pass my certification exam. It may sound silly, but it's most definitely something to celebrate! Talk about a life changing event for me. The only thing holding me back is that hopefully it will be close to a big birthday and frankly birthday presents this year can be PT related.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do it, but I think it would be a lot of fun. I would embrace a party with all healthy food options and fun fitness inspired games.  I still want cake though...darn it!

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts