Sunday, February 10, 2013

A very productive Sunday

Happy Sunday Bleeps!

First, I want to give a shout out to my followers in Russia. I don't know who you are, but you are faithful.  I'm still amazed by how worldwide this blog is. Behind the United States, Russia is my biggest supporter. That's kind of cool. And so to you I say "привет".

And now let's recap my busy and productive day.  Last night I made plans to join Grandmom for church today. I would miss going to my church, but with the jump in gas prices this week and all of the driving that I have been doing lately, I think both my car and I needed a break.

The plan for the day was church, go to the park for a 2 hour walk/run, then join Bibble at Starbucks for some study time, and then come home for a mani pedi. Sounds like a great day to me!

I was dressed in layers for the walk outside and for some reason didn't take off my coat in church. So I had my running shirt, my north face fleece jacket, and then my puffy coat on top. It is very hard to be mobile when I have that much on. I feel like Randy in A Christmas Story. "I can't put my arms down!".

And that's when it hit me. That's what my body was like before I started to lose the weight. The simple act of putting my arms down was difficult. Even holding my hands in front of me was difficult because my boobs and belly were in the way. Life got so much easier for me when I took my coat off today. So don't want to go back to that again.

After church we went across the street to the store. Grandmom had gotten a dish tub for the sink there that is perfect for soaking my feet. So we went for another one. YEAH!  When we were walking to the car we passed by Dunkin Donuts.  We stopped in for a bagel before my walk. I noticed something on the menu. They have a little runner dude next to the healthy choices. Would like to see a few more up there, but I'm encouraged. I got a multigrain bagel with reduced fat cream cheese and an iced tea.

Then it was time to head to the park. This was my first time at the new park and I am in love. It's huge. There are benches and several picnic pavilions. There's a huge playground and a large field. It's great. I walk/ran it for 2 hours. I would have done more, but they don't have bathrooms open on weekends and I needed to get to Starbucks for some studying.

It was a great day to be outside. It was a tad cold, but it was better than yesterday. We avoided any real snow on Friday, but yesterday was super windy.  Today the sun was out and that kept it warm. I was having all sorts of fun fantasies about holding "Get Active" classes there with parents and their kids. I would love to do that. I don't want to have a kids class with the parents sitting on the benches talking. I want everyone to get involved and have fun. I want kids who aren't usually active to wake up on a Saturday so excited about going to the park instead of playing video games. And at the end of class Tony Stewart would ride up on a white horse and whisk me away to a private plane to take us to Italy...sigh. Okay so some of the fantasies probably aren't going to happen, but a girl can dream. Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!

I'm pretty happy with my training today. It was my first day in my new sneakers. They done good. And really this was my first good long distance since the last half marathon. My pace was good. I expect it to be a little better with some more long distances and some warmer weather. 

I got to Starbucks and knew I really only had an hour in me. I needed a shower and my brain gets fuzzy after a good long distance day. I am proud to say that I am 10 pages from the end of the text book. YEAH!  And then I get to start over and actually study it now that I've read through it all. I'll have a later post on how I suffer from Test Anxiety.

When I got home I got my shower and then prepped my mani/pedi. YEAH!  I used my new soaking tub and my pedicure kit that was a Christmas present from my friend Amy. THANK YOU AMY!  My feet feel GOOD. And they look pretty...yeah!

And then tonight I made my first new recipe for February. I made the Roasted Veggie Hummus Pizza. And it was DELICIOUS!

1 soft tortilla shell
Handful of your favorite veggies (try spinach, tomatoes, and zucchini)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Crumbled goat cheese
1. Roast veggies for about 20 minutes at 350°F with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Top your favorite type of tortilla with hummus (store-bought or homemade), add the roasted veggies and some goat cheese, then bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
3. Slice and enjoy!

I used a wheat tortilla shell and skim mozzarella instead of goat cheese. It was so yummy and delicious. I used plain hummus, but next time I may try it with roasted red pepper hummus...oh heck yeah!

Okay kids, I have a few more things to do before bed so I shall bid you a good night. Or as they say in Russian: Спокойной ночи

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

No comments:

Post a Comment