Going out to Lunch today...it's pretty much all I can think about

Happy Friday Bleeps!

First let me start by saying that last night it snowed. This morning it snowed. There was no real accumulation, but it still snowed. It's windy and cold. Perfect weather for the Polar Plunge!  Bah!  Doin it anyway.  Follow me on instagram for photos of the weekend: Jennie5973

Okay so here's today's story. There is a reason why I need to pack my lunch every day. There are the basic reasons: saves money, saves time, saves calories, etc. But the big one is that when I know that I am going out for lunch or dinner I basically obsess over what I am going to eat every minute until it is time to go. EVERY MINUTE.

Last night Ms. Tracey and I had planned on going out to lunch today. We hadn't decided on where, but we don't usually stray far from our regulars.  I had hoped for Wegman's for the Veggie bar, but she went there yesterday.  Then I came up with the Fireside Bistro that we like. They make that awesome balsamic grilled chicken sandwich that I heart so much. Turns out that they just closed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that devastating news, I had to leave my desk and go to someone else's to train him. It was quite hard to concentrate. I was thinking about where we could go eat and then the big Girl Scout cookie delivery happened. It took 3 guys to carry all of the boxes in. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! I have avoided buying any at work and now they are being paraded around me. They came in through the back door where I was. Don't think for a minute that just because my head didn't move that my eyes were not following them in the door.

An hour later I was back at my desk and back on the task at hand: figuring out where to eat.  One of the options was a cafe that we used to love to go to.  It would be tasty and a good choice for cheat day, but I am putting on a bikini and going out in public in two days.

And then it started really snowing. It looked like we were in a snowglobe stuck in a paint can shaker. One of our top choices to go to was Panera...and Panera has tomato soup and "big kid" grilled cheese. On a bitter cold snowy day that's my go to comfort food.

Immediately I was on the Panera website looking at my options. I pulled up the nutrition menu for the grilled cheese and tomato soup...bah...if I only eat vegetables for dinner that could work.  Checking the nutrition online before I go out to eat is a must...I still don't always make the best decisions, but it really has kept me from making some really REALLY bad decisions.

Reading nutrition SUCKS.  It SUCKS!  It has almost ruined going out to eat for me. Thank goodness I have really cut down on the number of times I go out per week.  For the most part it is limited to weekends only with the occasional lunch out with work pals. Oh and on that note, in two weeks we are going to the Cheesecake Factory for a going away lunch..Kill me now!  I have 12 days to obsess and look at the menu over and over and over again.

So in the end, I could not pass on the grilled cheese and tomato soup. I braved the cold dang it! I am pretty sure I burned it all off just from all of the shivering I was doing :-(
Alright kids, I need to finish packing for this weekend. I'm leaving early in the morning for Polar Plunge Weekend.

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts