Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend recap: 5K, lean pockets, and Studying

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

First of all, thank you everyone for your kind words after yesterday's post. I put a lot of pressure on myself and I truly appreciate my support system who keeps me from the deep end. Love you all!

Alright so this weekend was an interesting one...sadly it started on Friday with no gym crushes at the 

Saturday morning we had a 5K. It was our second run with the Ronald McDonald House event. We had such a good time last year that we were eager to sign up again. Seriously, anything for a good cause.

I had a hard night sleeping Friday night. I was agitated and I still had my sinus headache. So when my alarm went off at the crack of dawn I seriously considered bailing. I just wanted sleep!  But, I forced myself up and into the shower.  As I was getting ready I was making sure I drank water. The plan was to get there early to use the facilities before the race started.

It was feeling a little chilly so I put on a brooks top and jacket with leggings. I even grabbed a sweatshirt in case it got colder later. But, I was hoping it would get warmer. We were driving separately due to committments following the race. So I as I was leaving I quickly decided to stop at the post office for a couple of stamps and then I stopped for gas. And the next thing I know I am parking with 10 minutes to spare. uh oh.

The lines for registration were long. I got my shirt and they started the mile run for the kids. I have time to run my shirt to my car? Do I have time to go to the bathroom. The answer is no. Solution? Put the shirt now I have two shirts and a jacket a bladder that needs to be emptied. ACK!

I found Heather and Xavier just before the start of the race thankfully.  This was Xavier's first race and we were trying to decide our plan of action. And then the little stinker took off and never looked back. Heather took off because she didn't want to let him out of her sight and I was on my own.  That was okay. I wanted to pace myself and just relax. My mind was all over the place and I was having a hard time focusing. Plus I still had a little headache.

I kept my running pace a little slower than usual, but I wanted to keep it consistent and avoid the cramping I have had lately. Plus, I didn't want to wake up the bladder. haha. After a mile I started to feel really hot...and why shouldn't I? I was wearing 80 million layers of clothes. haha. I slowed down a little on the boardwalk because it was wet and since my mind was all over the place I slid a little. So I waited until I was back on the pavement to go faster.   I also slowed it a little on the hill, but the rest of the time was pretty good.

I finished a little ahead of last week's time. So basically my consistent running pace is not that much faster than my running/walking pace....interesting.

That little stinker beat us both.  That's awesome for him, but a big reminder that I wasted so many years. He is 13 and I can tell you for certain, that at 13 I would never have been able to sign up and just run a race. I maybe would have tried to walk it, but I would have been out of breath and begging to stop.

We hit up the post race snacks and hung out in the baseball stadium for a little bit (and FINALLY used the ladies room) and then it was time to head out. I decided to head over to Target since there isn't one by the house. I needed to get a few things. I was a little hungry but it was still early. So in addition to the fabric softener and toilet paper I was picking up, I decided to see what they had in the frozen food section. ARGH.

I hate when I do this, but I ended up getting 2 boxes of lean pockets (one is a pretzel hot pocket....mmmmm). They are convenient, but so not good choices. Before I left I stopped at the Starbucks in the Target. I knew that i would be studying when I got home and wouldn't leave so let's just get our caffeine in now.

I ate a hot pocket for lunch when I got home. And while I was studying my sinus headache came back. It's very hard to study when you have a heating pad on your face. I would get instant relief when I took medicine, but it wouldn't last too long. So when it came to dinner I just heated up another lean pocket. So mad at myself. Don't worry, I paid for it. I burned the top of my mouth...and it's still a little tender two days later. BAH! 

Sunday my headache was getting I went back to studying after church.

My food choices over the weekend were not the best. I'm angry that I didn't have as many vegetables as I would have liked and I let too many external factors (hunger, headache, convenience) to make my decisions.  Going to do my best to make sure that doesn't happen again. This weekend I need to make something in the crockpot to prepare it for the week. So this doesn't happen again. I win!

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Fundraising for Breast Cancer:

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

No comments:

Post a Comment