Someone moved my cheese

Hello Beautiful People,

Dealing with change is never easy.  Have you ever read the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" I highly recommend it if you haven't. It's about who thrives and succeeds because they don't resist change they embrace it.

Change is good. Change means moving forward. Change is scary.

I love change...and I hate change. I am a routine girl. Don't mess with my routine!  But, how the heck am I going to grow without change? How will I break out of my plateau without change?  How can I fix the things that make me sad without change?  Change is inevitable. It's gonna happen. So sit back and roll with it.

When I was moving last year the thing that scared me most was changing gyms. I had such an emotional attachment to the old gym and the people at the old gym.  I just didn't see how I could survive at another gym. Now that makes no sense whatsoever, but that's the effect of an emotional attachment.

My first week at the new place I still went back to the old gym. It was a security blanket. It was also ridiculous. I just increased my already longer and further commute. But, I didn't want to give it up.  I didn't want to have to find my way around a new gym.

Today I LOVE my new gym. LOVE it!  In fact, I went back to the old gym a couple months ago and didn't like it. How weird is that?  I can't put my finger on it, but the new gym is so much nicer.  I do miss the old butt machine, but I'll live.  Change was a good thing.

I know you don't want to hear anymore about the "traumatic" hair cut, but anyone who has gone from long to short can understand...it's an adjustment.  Now I know that I've had short hair since July, but I'm still getting used to it. That's how long I had long hair. Now it's even shorter...and it wasn't a voluntary decision. I'm waiting for the good in this one. I'm sure it's coming.

For a normal person change is hard enough to deal with. For me it SUCKS. The stress of change is another trigger.  Really, at this point what isn't a food trigger in my life?  Dealing with change also means dealing with the urge to eat. Argh.

I just have to keep reminding myself that it's a good thing. I have another big change in my life coming up soon.  It's something that I've been thinking about for a while, but circumstances have risen that help make my decision a little easier. I will tell you about it in the next few months.  I have to look at this as a positive change. If I look at it as a negative, then that's going to alert the Former Fat Girl. And she'll be hungry.

PS Sorry tonight's post is short, but I've been studying for two days straight and my brain hurts.

Have a Blessed Night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts