Growth Spurt at my age?

Hello My Lovelies,

Well it's Thursday and a lot happened today. It was biometrics screening day!

So the day started trying to decide what to wear. They would weigh me so obviously I have to wear my lightest clothes. They would also be  measuring my waist so no chance of wearing jeans that might possibly push up my belly.

My screening was scheduled for 9:45am. I opted for the non-fasting screening. I am on a schedule. I cannot wait until 10am to eat breakfast.

We started with the pin prick on my finger. She asked if I had anything to drink this morning. hahaha...good one lady. When I said yes she didn't believe me. I couldn't figure out why until I realized that when she squeezed my finger not a lot of blood was coming out. After a few seconds it was completely fine.  After she filled up the tube she took my blood pressure. Next we moved over to the scale and the height chart. Then there was a quick measuring of the waist. She filled in the information she knew and we went over where my numbers fell while we waited for the blood results to come back.

I wasn't too surprised by any of my numbers...well except for one. My weight was down and apparently I grew another inch. WHAT?  You may remember that last year I was floored when they said I was 5'1". I had been 5' forever. Obviously they were wrong...or were they? How the heck could I be another inch taller???  It's probably a mistake, but I have a messed up back and I have really been working on my posture and stretching. I don't care I am taking it! 5'2" it is!!!!

My sugar level was well below normal for non-fasting. I felt good with that. Since I cut down on my sugar and then find myself binge eating it I've been a little worried about it. My Cholesterol is still weirdly low. I was really hoping for a better Blood Pressure, but I'm not surprised. I have pre-hypertension, but I know this. High blood pressure is hereditary. It runs in my family. I am exercising and watching what I am eating. My two wild card factors are stress (um....well we know I'm stressed) and sodium (I fear for the unknown...I watch what I eat, but when I go out to eat I am at the mercy of the restaurant...and the odds are that there is a lot of sodium. Bah. That's a little frustrating. I fear what my blood pressure was before I made my changes.  The good news is that my pulse is good!

I knew I was going to fit in the "overweight" category. But, I am not in the "obese" category so that's a small victory. My waist is almost where it should be. Oddly enough, this section did not stress me out like it would have in the past...and did. They did not test my body fat% and weirdly I'm a little sad about that. I would fall in a different age group in one month so I wouldn't feel so bad if it were a little higher...since well that's expected. I'm TOTALLY KIDDING! 

In addition to the biometrics screening we also had a Cigna mobile lab on site. I am such a NERD!  Ms. Tracey and I went running out there giddy like school girls. The first section was to determine your stress level. Mine is mild. hahahahahaha...they may be wrong about that.

The second section involved wearing a 20lb weight vest. Then you would hold a squat for 10 seconds. Stand on one leg for 10 seconds. And then stand on your tip toes for 10 seconds. And then to them without the weight vest. It was definitely harder...and to think that I have lost over double that...scary. 

Next there was a nutrition section. There were four shelves with 2 plates of food. You were to guess which was the healthiest option.  I am ready for my Biggest Loser quiz because I got them all right!  WOO WOO.  And yes, I chose the hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions on a whole grain roll over the salad. Watch the Dressing and extras!

Then there was a section offering tips on time saving techniques, safety concerns, and budget.  All good stuff: Prepare food on weekends and freeze, bringing lunch to work costs less than going out, be active as a family, etc.

Back inside the office there were some tables set up in the lunch area. One was for a local gym that offers a work discount. One was for the office Health & Fitness challenge. YEAH!  Day one of sign ups and we had over 30 people sign up...and that was without making an announcement to come sign up. There was a section for office yoga. We did sit with her and learn 6 yoga poses that you can do at your desk.  And then there was an Ergonomical  desk area. That was cool.

So it was a good day. I even got some studying in. I wanted to study tonight, but I have another headache...fairly certain this is sinus related as it feels like there is an elephant sitting my my eye sockets...argh..and so I will just relax tonight and focus on destressing.

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts