Happy Random Hump Day

Happy Random Hump Day!


So today I went to Starbucks at lunch to caffeine up. And I saw the most glorious thing. I don't know how I did not know about this...especially since everyone I mention it to already knew. Depeche Mode had a new cd come out last week. HOLLA!  Seriously, this is awesome. They are one of my all-time favorites. I have a playlist full of their music on my ipod and I listen to it at least once or twice a week at work.

How can I use this to my benefit?  Incentive! Normally I would use it as a workout incentive, but now it's my study incentive. YEAH!  If I can get to my scheduled chapter by this Sunday I can get it.

*****

This morning was breakfast club. It was bagels. I needed that. Last night's workout was intense. I was hungry. I got an everything bagel with lowfat cream cheese. YUM.  It was a special Everything bagel. It had everything on the top and bottom (good thing I carry mouthwash with me).  It was yummy. It's hard though. I know it's okay in a while, but whenever I have one I want another.

*****

This week I am back to my weights workouts. I had cut back on them during training time for fear of injuring my knee. Well time to get back to it. I need to tone up my arms and legs. I noticed the arms in my dress on Easter and I felt it on my thighs the other night.

I wore shorts to the gym for my run and Dang it! There was chub rub. I wanted to cry.

*****

So I'm starting to work with my new haircut. Sometimes it looks really cute. Other times I think it looks like I am wearing a wig. It is so short that it doesn't move. And yet I needed to go out and buy hair products so that I can style it. I don't like it to feel crunchy though.  I miss my soft hair.

I always think short short hair looks cute on other people.  So why am I finding this so difficult?  I feel like a boy. If I put a baseball cap on you can't tell I'm a girl..unless you look at my boobs. I am constantly hearing that it looks cute, but until I feel it won't matter. I hate that. Why can't I take what others tell me as true?

*****

This Friday we are having pizza for lunch at work. I was invited to join and I have 3 choices:

1-say no
2-say yes, but don't eat any
3-say yes and make it my cheat day

2? Well that's just not an option. I do not have the will power not to eat any pizza when I can smell it.

1? I could, but I'm trying to bond with the new group that I sit with.

That leaves 3. 2 Slices at max. That's all I'm going to have. I can't have anymore. I am running that night and I don't want to feel sick.

*****

So I mentioned that we are getting back to weights. I was still doing upper body sporadically during my training, but last night was my first night on legs in about 2 months. Made it a little difficult to move today. For the record, a long study night is never a good idea the night after a heavy legs night. Sitting crossed legged is painful. Standing up is horrible.


*****

My Vegetarian Weekdays plan is on hold. I had a few setbacks at Subway, but I plan on getting back to it next week.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Gym Buddy Lisa is on week 4 of a Vegan lifestyle. So proud of her. Her sister started it and saw an immediate change in her diabetes numbers. If I didn't have an addiction to cheese I would be right there with her. I am hoping to try it for a week a least sometime soon.

*****

My birthday weekend is taking shape. I am excited that girls weekend is not incorporating a Breast Cancer 5K. 

https://dbcc.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalk2013/2013DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalkSignupFundrai/tabid/434138/Default.aspx?joinme=24622

*****

It's that time Bleeps. Time to update your playlist.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Alex Gaudino & Jordin Sparks - Is This Love - 129 BPM
Miranda Lambert - Mama's Broken Heart - 112 BPM
Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks - 107 BPM
Will.I.Am & Justin Bieber - #thatPOWER - 129 BPM
Kylie Minogue - Timebomb - 128 BPM
Afrojack & Chris Brown - As Your Friend - 128 BPM
One Direction - One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks) - 163 BPM
Pitbull & Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment - 137 BPM
Avicii - Silhouettes (Syn Cole Creamfields Mix Radio Edit) - 128 BPM
Macklemore, Ryan Lewis & Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us - 148 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

*****

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts