Stress Eating: Reacting to the Tragedy at the Boston Marathon

Hello Beautiful People,

It's a hard night to write a post.  I had originally planned on writing about yesterday's events, but that will wait until later this week.

It's hard not to write about the tragedy at the Boston Marathon.  My heart is breaking for everyone there.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

It's been a particularly hard afternoon and evening to focus. My first thought at work was that I just wanted to get home as soon as possible, but I stuck with my original plan to go to the gym. I had checked in on Twitter and saw that all of the people that I have come to know that were running today were all okay. I have one new tweep that was still unaccounted for, but I am happy to report she is safe. This was a rough rough day.

So I decided to go to the gym, but I knew it was going to be a hard workout. It's very difficult to stay on the treadmill when it's facing 18 televisions all turned to news coverage. Where do you look? It's hard to keep focus and yet it's hard to look away.  I brought my book in hopes that I might be able to escape for a little bit, but no luck.

I stayed on for a little over 30 minutes, but my brain was not connecting with my body. It was time to go home.

I had the news on in the car and my emotions had been on high for over 3 hours by this point. I had to think about dinner. I needed to stop and pick something up. I did not have the focus to cook dinner and and pack my lunch for tomorrow.

I  could not decide between Subway or Wawa. But, I passed Wawa first so they won. I ordered two shorti turkey hoagies on a whole wheat roll. I got reduced fat chips and a diet soda to help me burp...and while I was waiting for my hoagies I headed over to that aisle...I grabbed a dark chocolate milky way.

I hated myself for doing it, but it was a completely automatic response.  I should be happy that I only chose one and that it was dark chocolate. I should be happy that my hoagies were turkey on wheat with spinach and tomatoes. It means that I am at least making better stress eating choices. The Former Fat Girl would have stopped at a drive-thru or two on her way home.

At yesterday's 5k we were given a box of Thin Mints. I had also purchased one last box of Tag-alongs. The boxes remained unopened as of last night. It's going to be a miracle if they remain unopened tonight.

I'm going to sign off for the night and try to relax. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Fundraising for Breast Cancer:

https://dbcc.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalk2013/2013DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalkSignupFundrai/tabid/434138/Default.aspx?joinme=24622

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts