Yoga: It does a body good

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well today was the start of Yoga day at work. HOLLA!  Oh how I have missed it. I woke up like it was Christmas. I was practically skipping to the shower.

So I'm such a yoga lover that I am on the group list to go set up the room before class. So I went to change and then walked over there. The set up took 10 minutes so I could go back to my desk and work for another 15 minutes. So here I am walking around the office in my lime green t-shirt, tight black yoga pants, and flip flops. OH fun! 

While I was getting dressed for class I was thinking about something. Last year my job was super stressful on me. I couldn't breathe and relax all day. So yoga at lunch was more of a stress reliever for me.  This time around my new position is less stressful. Sure I have stress in my life, but I am a lot more relaxed. No, this time it's about the stretching for.

That's right, this past year I beat the tar out of my body. The TAR I tell you!

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the "relaxing" part of it.  Although I do need to work on that. I was starting to think I would need a mouth guard. My jaw would get so tight while I was trying to "breathe" and hold a pose.  Bah! This would be so much easier if I was more flexible.

The relaxing part just is not my focus. My body is tight!  Okay, not "18-yr-old hard body on Miami beach tight".  It's "a day long massage probably wouldn't even do the trick" tight.  And this is a problem.  If my muscles are tight it means I don't get the range of motion I should have. It limits me. BAH!  So even though I am working out and have lost the weight, I'm still limited. But, this I can fix. I think it's time to up the yoga to twice a week and cut back on the weights for a little while.

Today's class was rough. Every pose that we had to hold for long periods of time had me shaking. My range of flexibility SUCKED!  Think of it like rubber bands. Your muscles should be like the long stretchy ones. Mine are like the fat short ones. Try as you might, you just can't pull it nearly as much.

This afternoon was good and bad. I was relaxed, but man my hips are sore. I know I don't stretch them or move them as much as I should.  Maybe I should get back in to belly dancing. Thank goodness for yoga, but oh how old it makes me feel.

So tonight I went to the gym. My body was feeling nice and loose by then. I did not want to reverse the hard work I put in today. So I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was going to get a massage too, but I had reports of snow at home so I just left after that. That just means I get to get a massage on Friday night. Woo woo.

Namaste.

Before I go I have a couple things to mention.

First, I am halfway to my Autism Fundraising goal. YEAH! Thank you so much for all of your support.  Only $300 to go!

Second, I forgot to thank my grandmom for lending me the casserole dish to bring the egg scramble in yesterday. That was a huge help!  Grandmom reads this every day so "Thank you Grandmom! Love you!"

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

  1. Hey Jennie!

    I started doing Pilates this semester and absolutely love it! If you like yoga you might enjoy it!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I was given a couple dvds for Pilates. It's been on my "to do" list so I will have to check it out soon. Then we can do them when you come home :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts