Random Wednesday - It's Complicated

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

And boy is it random.  First off, let me just say that I hope you are all nice and healthy reading this. I'm a little nervouse about the Flu epidemic going on. Ms. Kerri has found a flu map on google. It ain't good...unless you live in Connecticut for some reason. So we are thinking of moving there until it calms down.

The flu scares me. I am making great progress since the holidays and I have some events coming up. I cannot afford to be sick. I cannot afford to lose the ground that I have made. I got the dang flu shot for a reason. KEEP ME HEALTHY!

*****

So um yeah, it's kind of obvious that it's the beginning of the year...because the gym is PACKED!  OMG!  The new gym is part of a little square complex. There is no one big giant lot out front. The parking wraps all of the way around the building. For the most part only 2 sides have been full since I started going. But this week...oh man. I am parked well in to that 3rd side. That also means that the equipment is full.  Basically, if you find a free treadmill jump on and hold on for dear life!  Well, normally I would look to see how the bikes and ellipticals are, but my ankle isn't fond of them at the moment. The weights look busy, but if you look hard enough you could plot out a course through them.

*****

So are there certain scenes in movies that you vividly recall? Quotes? Scenery?  I do that all of the time...but, a lot of the time it is food related. I was recently watching "It's Complicated". I loved this movie when I saw it in the theater.  I wanted to buy it as soon as it came out in DVD. There are a couple of scenes though that I think about ALL of the time. Meryl Streep's character owns a bakery.  I should know this is trouble. One of her favorite things to make is Lavender ice cream. I became obsessed with this idea after seeing this moving. I finally tried some last year. But, there is a sweet scene when she and Steve Martin are in her shop after hours and they make chocolate croissants...mmm...chocolate croissants...I honest to goodness think about those croissants once a week. I think I need to take this dvd to the used store...it's dangerous for me!

*****

I am on a soup kick. I love soup. I do. I had some Saturday at Panera. My dinner was the Bistro French Onion in a bread bowl. It was cold and I needed it. Ironically I did this after I did my grocery shopping at the super Target. I went on a soup frenzy. It was on sale and I thought they would be good options for lunch and quick options when I get home from the gym. I bought enough soup to last me a couple of weeks I think. haha. They are mostly vegetable based. Then I went to Grandmom's for dinner on Sunday and she had just made a vegetable stew.  Not only did we have some for dinner, but she sent me home with a giant vat of it (and a bowl of blueberries and strawberries which I put in my vanilla yogurt). Grandmom rocks! 

Getting your vegetables in is sooooo important and a veggie soup is a great source and alternative to a side of veggies or salads.

*****
I haven't updated my playlist lately so it's time to freshen it up.  Here is this month's list to check out:

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.

Nicki Minaj - Va Va Voom - 128 BPM
Coldplay - Charlie Brown - 138 BPM
Icona Pop & Charli XCX - I Love It - 126 BPM
Pitbull & TJR - Don't Stop the Party - 126 BPM
50 Cent, Eminem & Adam Levine - My Life - 89 BPM
The Wanted - Chasing the Sun (Danny Verde Remix) - 129 BPM
Macklemore, Ryan Lewis & Wanz - Thrift Shop - 96 BPM
Fun. & Janelle Monae - We Are Young (Betatraxx Remix) - 106 BPM
Will.I.Am & Britney Spears - Scream & Shout - 131 BPM
One Direction - Live While We're Young (Dave Aude Remix) - 130 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


*****
For the last month I have been bringing my gym bag into the office and changing before I leave. The plus is that it saves me some time when I get to the gym....but the real reason I started doing it is because it is soooooo icky to put on a cold bra!  My gym bag was sitting out in the cold car all day and it wasn't fun changing.

*****

I think I've mentioned that they are opening a Plaza Azteca right down the street from work. I can practically taste the guacamole....They have been taking FOREVER to remodel the building.  I mean FOREVER!!!!  Well last week they put up the sign: Now Hiring.  We're getting closer people!!!!!

*****

I mentioned before how I split my pants at work on New Year's Eve and then went and bought two pairs of jeans. I bought the second one as my "fat" jeans.  Well since then I bought 2 more pairs of jeans. They were both of the "fat" variety.  They were a size larger than I usually wear. Things got snug  over Christmas.  Well I took all of the "fat" jeans back. I don't need that crutch. My body is snapping back in to shape and I am looking forward not back.

***** 

 So I started Crossfit on Saturday. It was a strength day. We were doing front squats and pull ups. It was a great class. Coach Bryan stayed with me the whole time to get me comfortable with the gym and the set up. My form was good, but I'm not used to holding the bar in front on my squats. I like it on my shoulders.  My wrists were a little sore when it was over. 

For the pull ups we could do assisted pull ups with the giant rubber bands or lean back and pull ourselves up on the gymnastic rings. That's what I did. There was a kid that running around flipping all over in the rings. lol. I kind of wanted to join him.

Sadly I was excited that it was a strength day because I wouldn't be running around on my ankle. Dumbly, I didn't think about the pressure on the ankle when coming out of the squat with a barbell full of weights. I have not been able to walk down stairs since :-(


*****

Good news!  My Bob Harper book The Skinny Rules came today!  YEAH!  As did my Autism Research packet. I got a t-shirt and a race shirt for the Half Marathon in March. YEAH!  I'm already at $117 out of the $600 I need. YEAH!

*****
Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts