Here's to a Happy and Healthy New Year

Happy New Year!

So I've been sitting here for about an hour trying to figure out what I wanted to write about. There is so much to tell you about my Christmas Travel Adventures, but I'm beat and my brain is a little tired. I need to organize my thoughts on those posts (because oh yeah, it's going to take more than one).

Instead, I will tell you about my New Year's Eve and Day.  I've never really been big into New Year's Eve. Honestly, I'm cool with hanging in for the night. Last night I was invited to go hang with my friend Bibble at her boyfriend's. The big to do for the night: Just Dance 4. Seriously, I did not need to be asked twice.

When I was initially asked I said I would go if I was feeling okay when I got back from my trip. In general I get a little sick when my adrenaline takes a nose dive after a trip. Well this was no exception. I had allergies and then a sinus infection. So needless to say, I am still a little tired.

I asked Bibble if we were having dinner or if I should eat before I headed over. I wasn't planning on spending the night, but I would dance for a little while. She said there would be lots of appetizers "but nothing healthy". Message received. So I had a little something before I headed over.

When I got there the table was covered with salsa and chips, cheese and crackers, and taquitos! I nibbled on them for a little bit, but I didn't go overboard.

Soon it was time go start dancing. I don't own a wii, but I do so very much enjoy Just Dance every time I get to play. It's fun and it's exercise...if you do it right and don't cheat by just moving the arm with the wii control in it.

We played for hours...and yeah, I am the Queen!  I'm a little embarrassed at how well I do with the boy band songs.  But, I did practice my Tony Stewart "Call Me Maybe" dance. haha. I don't know which song was my favorite. I did kick a$$ on Livin La Vida Loca. I think my top 3 would be Rock Lobster, We No Speak Americano, and Beware of the Boys (hip hop bollywood). There is also a regrettable video out there of us doing I've Had the Time of my Life...ugh. But, it was fun nonetheless.  I was sweating it up and was very happy to go home and take a shower.

So Bibble's boyfriend lives on the third floor. Guess what happened on my walk down at the end of the night. If you said "Your foot got aggravated again!" give yourself a pat on the back. ARGH!  Seriously? I had rested it for so long and was doing so well. I sprained it dancing at a wedding and I aggravated it dancing with the wii. DOH.

I had hoped to be studying at midnight to give myself a good start to the year, but I found some cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel and well...I'm not ready to let go yet so I watched! 

This morning I woke up feeling good. Originally the plan was to go shopping.  Today is Bibble's daughter's birthday. We were going to go out to lunch and do some shopping. But, the shopping got postponed until this weekend. Instead, the plan was lunch then more Just Dance. When Sarah Jo picked Buffalo Wild Wings for her lunch I pretty much invited myself. I HEART Buffalo Wild Wings...oh man do I like it. And then I started to freak out on myself. How do I start of 2013 eating wings at a sports restaurant? 

I'm pretty proud though. I ordered my lunch from everyone else. I got the lunch special of 8 boneless wings (honey bbq). Instead of fries I substituted a side salad and instead of a side of celery I had a side of carrots. I didn't even sneak any of the cheese fries in the middle of the table or steal one of the mozzarella sticks right next to me. YEAH!  I did it!  I could have very easily left feeling sick, but I was fine.

I wasn't planning on doing a lot of Just Dance today because of my foot, but when the Birthday Girl wants you to dance...well you do it. I was hoping to do some yoga when I got home tonight, but dude I sweated again. It's a good fun alternative workout.

So part of my shopping plans for the day included grocery shopping. That meant that I still needed to hit the store today. I picked up some bananas, carrots, yogurt, turkey meatballs, and V8. I'm feeling better about my week now.   I'm getting back on schedule. My food will be back on track and I will be hitting the gym tomorrow. YEAH!  And then it's time to hit the books!

Have a Blessed Night my friends

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts