2013 is my Year of Giving Back

Hello Beautiful People,

Well I have decided that 2013 will be my Year to Give Back!  I have been so blessed these past years and it's time to pay it forward.  I always feel good when I raise money for a good cause so I'm going to be doing that all year.

There are so many things I would like to do, but frankly I just don't have the money.  I live paycheck to paycheck so signing up for races/plunges/events are luxuries. It takes me a while to put that money together.   It sucks when there are so many things that you want to do, but that you can't afford to do it. And so, I shall fund raise for them!  How perfect!  I can feel good about helping others and I can participate in the events that I really want to.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can reach so many people around the world. I would like to thank you all for your support. If you are able to donate to these causes I truly appreciate it. If you are not in a position to donate I truly understand. I would ask that if you can, please share my links with your friends and family to get the word out.

I have been wanting to do the DC Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon since last year.  You may remember that I missed the cut off by one day last year. That SUCKED!  Well this year I went to Florida and I'm trying to save for my Personal Trainer Certification.  So I could see that dream slipping away again. But, then I did some research.  I found an Organization that will pay my registration fee if I agree to raise $600 for Autism Research.  You seriously don't have to ask me twice.  I have so many friends and family who have Autistic children and I see the struggles they go through.  I adore these children and will do anything I can to help.  There was no hesitation. I signed up immediately.  Within a few hours I had already raised $87.  I am 15% of the way there. The race is March 16, 2013 so I am fairly certain I got this.

And to sweeten the pot, I will put out this offer (and this goes with all of the fundraising I will be doing this year...the polar plunge is in a month and I need to sign up for that soon): Everyone who donates $50 or more I will knit/crochet you a scarf :-)

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13
 

Have a Blessed Night my friends

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts