Tales from the Gym...

Hello my Lovelies,

So tonight was a fun night.  Gym pal Lisa got her membership to the gym today so it was time to celebrate...with a workout!  I walked for an hour at lunch and I'm really trying to hit the cardio hard this week.

I've noticed that if I have a good walk at lunch I am a little slower to get started at night.  I figured there was plenty of time in between, but it still affects me.  Oh well, it's not going to stop me.

The parking lot was completely packed when we pulled in. It was not looking good.  After a quick change I came out and found Lisa on a treadmill in the back.  As I was filling up my water bottle I saw one just a few over from her open up.  I'm on it!

It was in a corner that I was not used hanging in.  I generally like to be in a front row because being behind people is distracting for me.  I end up watching other people's paces and not concentrating on my own. This treadmill was in the back over by the ab area.  So I focused my attention over there so that other paces wouldn't get to me.

There were some people busting it pretty hard and then this lady showed up.  God bless her for trying, but oh honey...what are you doing?  She got down on the mat and looked like a baby laying on her back who just discovered her legs.  I could tell she thought she knew what she was doing, but she was way off.  Even when she was close to an actual ab exercise her form was way off.  I wanted to go talk to her and show her what she was doing wrong, but it's a hard thing to do.  I don't think she would really want to hear what I have to say, but then I feel bad that I'm not helping her.  It's a hard place to be in.

I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes and really wanted a new machine but, it was just plain packed.  I saw something open up by Lisa up front (she moved to the elliptical).  I had no idea what it was, but I wiped down machine and took off.  It was a bike. I was getting ready to get on when I spotted an open elliptical in the next row.  Bonus.  I'm on it!

I did not like my earlier spot because I could not really see if Gym Crush #1 was there. I hadn't seen him since Saturday and was hoping for a little glimpse.  It did not look like he was there tonight.  I was wrong though.  YEAH!  Just as I hit my stride and my braided pony tail was swaying side to side he walked in front of me....sigh...and he shaved!  Bonus night.

So I'm innocently on the elliptical watching the Virginia/Clemson hoops game (I heart college hoops so much).  Then a gentleman comes and gets on the bike in front of me.  I couldn't help it.  I couldn't stop giggling.  His sweatpants were pulling down a little so of course I could see the pattern on his boxers: Chick Magnet (baby chicks and red magnets).  I almost fell over laughing.  Please be aware of your undies at the gym.  That's all I'm saying.  It was funny.

On the TV next to the game was the show on Lifetime: Dance Moms.  Have you seen it?  Do you know what I'm about to say?  I've seen this on the TV at the gym so many nights and one thing keeps running through my mind.  This dance teacher...to put it nicely...well she's not quite fit.  I hate that I even have this opinion, but my whole outlook has changed.  Would you let a fat trainer tell you what to do?  No.  I sort of lose respect and trust in someone who leads an active life or tells people how to lead an active life and yet they are so out of shape.  In this case she is heavy, not just out of shape.  Now I don't watch this show so maybe she doesn't actually have to show the kids moves, but I am still a little skeptical.

The former fat girl in me is mad at me for these thoughts.  She is screaming "You know how it feels to have people feel that way towards you.  Where is your sympathy woman?  Where is your compassion?"  I flip on this all of the time, but the fit girl is winning out. 

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. How nice to have a gym buddy. I wish I had one (besides my husband of course) that I could work out with daily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts