Altering my Workouts...and a little Soap Box Time

Happy New Laptop Saturday Bleeps!

YEAH!!!!  I got my overtime from right before Christmas and I went shopping today :-)  I got the laptop that I really wanted and I'm so excited. 

Before I went shopping though I had to go to the gym.  I slept in a little and had to modify the workout.  I could only put 2 hours in, not the 3 I had anticipated.  Oh well, sleep is good.

So I should start of and share that the DC Rock'N'Roll is sold out.  BOOOOO.  I did not get registered in time...was planning on it yesterday, but I was two days too late.  I was sad, but really this is my opportunity to cheer on Randy.  I'm even looking into volunteering for it, but you have to be there at 6am and I need to work that out. 

I have been looking for a replacement race.  There is one in Charlotte the week after DC that I would LOVE to do, but I am going to Jersey to cheer on my friend Ariana as she competes in her first Full Marathon.  She's been such a big supporter of mine and this is just too awesome to miss.  Oh yeah, I'm making a sign for her.

I am looking into the Broad Street Run in Philly in May.  So that gives me a little longer to train for.  It's only 10 miles, but it's also approximately 25,000 people.  I think it will be fun.

So the point of all of that is that I am altering my workouts. I am not focusing solely on training right now.  Now it's about weight loss.  My treadmill time is starting to differ.  Today I started on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I needed to stretch my legs before I did anything else (that is the stretch by the way). 

Then I headed over to the weights.  I worked my legs and butt for 30 minutes.  Oh and my abs for a bit.  I HEART the butt machine :-)

Next up was 45 minutes on the bike.  I was increasing my time and finishing my book.  I forgot to mention that my ipod was not fully charged when I started the day...doh.  It's okay though, I made it work.

My legs were super tight when I got off so I ended the morning back on the treadmill for a light 15 minutes.  Stretching it again.

I was very happy with the morning.  Tomorrow I need to work my arms though.  Since you aren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row I always like to alternate between arms and legs. 

Soap Box Time:

I mentioned before about the variety of tv channels at the gym.  Well I'm sending a big SHAME ON YOU to Lifetime.  I have noticed that on Saturday mornings they have paid programming on Weight Loss pills.  NO.  Do not do this. 

I do not even want to get into how wrong it is that they are targeting women on this.  What I will say is: If it says "No surgery, no exercise, and you don't have to alter what you eat" It's INSANE.  It's a drug.  You will have to rely on that drug forever to keep the weight off.  And you'll probably build up an immunity to it eventually.  Then you will gain it all back.  Did you learn anything? No.  I have lost the weight the natural and sensible way: Eating Right and Exercising.  That's the real Magic Pill.


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Broad Street is awesome. Insanely crowded but really fun. However, the last two years it has sold out day one so if you want to register do it the first day. Last year you could transfer your registration to someone else if you couldn't run so you weren't out the money

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts