Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sleeping in throws my whole day off...BAH!

Hello Beautiful People!

Sorry this is so late, but my schedule got way off course today.  On a normal day it's hard for me to get up for work.  Since I've been going to the gym every night it's darn near impossible.    Since I shower at night I can convince myself to sleep in an extra 20 minutes since I don't have to shower.  The downfall there is that I need a shower to wake me up.  So I'm pretty much dragging until lunch time.

Usually I like to get up early on Saturdays and workout.  It gets me moving and then I have the rest of the day to do what I wish.  Plus, when I was going to the track I wanted to make sure I got there early before they needed the field for an event.

Today I had no plans.  So I opted to sleep in.  I woke up around 8 and forced myself back to sleep.  I woke up around noon.  Oh the sleep was good.  Oh how this threw off my whole day.  I like my sleep, but I also felt like I had lost control of my day.  Darn OCD.

The Syracuse game was on at 1.  If it was a channel that the gym showed my day would have been easier.  It wasn't.  So I stayed home to watch.  When it was over it was time to head out.  I needed to run some errands first and I was hungry.  Subway!  First let me say that I got my rewards card.  HOLLA!  I'm on my way to earning a free sub.  YEAH.  I got my normal oven roasted chicken on whole wheat.  There was one which chocolate raspberry cheesecake cookie left.  It was calling my name. 

I was tortured at first.  I had skipped the gym last night in exchange for a Chinese dinner with friends.  You just can't workout after that.  It was delicious, but I felt like I had a brick in my belly all night.  Amazingly, it was a great number on the scale today. So why did I have that dang cookie?  Because I couldn't help it.  It called my name.  If I have a bad number tomorrow you will probably be able to hear my screams.

So after lunch/dinner I couldn't go straight to the gym.  I didn't want to get sick.  So I went to print up some pictures.  I was printing up pictures from Thanksgiving.  I looked good then, but I look even better now...just two months later.  WOW.  Go me!

Eventually I got to the gym at a little before 6.  That is the time to go.  It was empty...luckily Gym Crush #1 was there.  Ahhh....Thank you!  Once again we had a moment at the water fountain...he's so dreamy.

Focus!  I got on the elliptical and pounded out 30 minutes before heading over to the leg weights.  I only like to do the weights on the weekend because it's less crowded.  After the weights I headed back to the cardio area and hit the treadmill for an hour.

Before I left I hit up the massage chair though.  Holla!  I got TWO tokens tonight.  That was 10 minutes.  Well worth it.

I got home around 8:30 and was flipping out.  I needed a shower, but I needed to eat.  And you know how I feel about eating after 8.  I know it wasn't that bad because I ate later for lunch and I would most likely be up past midnight.  So I showered then ate. 

I did enjoy sleeping in and technically I got a lot done today, but my schedule was completely thrown off.  I felt like I couldn't get anything done.  So lesson learned.  Get up early and get your day started!  You can nap later.

PS-did you see the Polar Plunges on the news today?  Mine is in a week.  Rumor has it that the weather will be in the 40's and slight showers...umm...

****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


  1. Jennie - some of your blogs crack me up! I cannot imagine sleeping until noon anymore. To me sleeping in is 8-8:30, since during the week I 'should' get up at 5:30. Although I usually don't get up until 5:50 which means I have to rush to get to work by 7:30 :) You blog has inspired me to start a journal about my days. I don't think anyone would want to read a blog so I'll just stick with quirky comments on Facebook! ha ha

  2. HaHa...I never sleep in that late, but I remember those days. Now if I sleep in past 8 on a Saturday I feel like I've wasted so much time. I hate being a grown up sometimes. HaHa. Actually, I feel like I wasted away those days when I was fat and depressed. Now I honestly can't wait to get up and get the day started (on the weekend)...but sleeping in is a nice luxury every couple of months. My feeling is that if I slept in that late, then my body needed it.

    So excited about your journal. Don't be surprised though. I never thought so many people would want to hear about my every day life, but there are so many of us in the same boat. Keep it up :-)