Fat Girls and Hair

Happy Sunday Bleeps!

I am struggling right now.  My hair is very long.  I am itching to cut it.  And I mean CUT it.  Many time I have tried to grow my hair long enough for Locks of Love and many times I have chopped it with 2 inches to go.

You need 8 inches to donate.  I have that right now, but that cut would be wicked short.  I'm not going that short though.  I was watching a show with Ali Vincent (the first female winner from the Biggest Loser) and thought maybe I want her cut.  I would need another inch or so.

Now I don't even know if I really can donate.  The Pantene site says no color treated hair can be donated.  My roommate donated hers though and it was.  So...I'm trying to stick it out and really do this.

The problem is that it is taking forever to blow dry.  I need a trim, but the last time I went in for a trim she cut off 2 inches.  I'll never make it at that rate.  BAH.

So anyway, I have almost always had long hair.  Which is ironic because long hair does not flatter fat faces or short people.  So many times I hear people say how the short cut frames the face and flatters the round shape.  I never did that though.  And here I am getting skinnier and wanting to chop my hair.  haha.  I'm so backwards.  I've just always loved long hair. 

I have cut it a couple of times and really liked it when it was short, but it never held for long.   There was actually a long period of time where I didn't actually go to a hair dresser.  I simply cut my own hair.  Why? Because of the fat face in the mirror. 

I could walk in to the salon feeling pretty good about myself.  I could have make up on and be wearing nice clothes.  But, the minute they would wheel me around to see myself in the mirror with my wet hair slicked back and the black drape over me I would be hit in the face with reality.  I was Fat!  A nice new haircut should make you feel fresh and happy.  Mine would just make me feel sick.

Maybe that's why I'm itching for a cut.  Maybe it's because I'm anxious to see that face looking back at me.  I don't think I would mind so much this time.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. It's funny that you posted this because JUST this morning I was thinking I HAVE to cut my hair. It's driving me crazy, it's so long. I have no time to blow dry it with my kids hanging on me all the time. I looked up photos of Jennifer Aniston's new do, and I really liked it. Short, but not too short. Here's the link:

    http://webworldwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2606669.jpg

    I thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha it's so funny you said that. My favorite cut of hers ever was when it was short and Rachel was dating Tag. I always wanted that. I don't know that I will ever grow out my bangs again though. That was too painful (although it would be easier with short hair). I LIKE the cut!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts