Bellydancing 101

Happy Monday Kids!

Okay, so I packed my bag for the gym to take the work.  The initial plan was to change at work and then head straight to the gym.  Then I tried running an errand at lunch and failed so I wanted to try and finish it tonight.  Plan B - run the errand then go home and do the bellydancing dvd (it is a resolution after all).  Then on my way home after work I hit ZERO traffic. And this never happens.  So I came up with Plan C - errand then gym. 

You're on the edge of your seat aren't you?  Just kidding.  Since you know the title of this post you know I did the bellydancing.  The errand took longer than I anticipated.  Then I stopped at Target for a few minutes.  I needed to get a lock for the gym.  I have no idea what happened to my old lock.  I have been carrying my bag with me to every machine at the gym.  That's gotta end.  I feel like a dork. I would like to keep everything in a locker and make my life a little easier.

So I got my lock and headed home.  Now for the fun stuff.  The original plan was to do the dvd in the living room.  But, for my first time I wasn't sure that I was willing to take the chance of my roommate's boyfriend walking in during the middle.  So I opted for my room.  Then came the question of what to wear.  I was wearing jeans and a blouse when I came home.  My selected pjs for the night were a sweatshirt and Life is good bottoms.  The sweatshirt was out.  It would make me hot and might restrict my arm movement.  The bottoms seemed ok.  So there I was in my pj bottoms and a bra.  Bring on the dvd.  TMI I know, but it's called Confessions for a reason :-)

There are 10 moves to learn.  I can't remember all of their names, but they were fun.  What I learned though, is that I am NOT coordinated.  The mirror can be your friend to help you with your form, but it can also make you shriek in horror at how bad you are.  I was doing fine with each move until I started to think about it.  When I thought about it I looked like one of those wacky waving inflatable tubemen that you see outside of mattress stores or car dealerships.  Oh it wasn't pretty.

After three moves though I kept stepping on my pant legs.  I refused to do this in my underwear, so I got out a skirt and put that on.  I overthink things.  lol.

I completely enjoyed this dvd.  I will keep doing it until I get much better.  I will however, move it into the living room where there is more room and no mirrors.  I will have to be fully clothed for this so I'll have to work on my outfit.

Next time I will take notes and describe all of the moves for you.  Promise.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I know what you mean about not feeling coordinated. When I tried Zumba a few weeks ago I felt the SAME way. But I bet you got a great workout and your abs are sore today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goldie I am offering my inexpensive service of being your mirror:-) at no charge. Critiquing that's a bonus service of course. Like I've said in the past I'm your huckleberry in the words of Doc Holliday just say when:-)
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha nice try James. I'm keeping this to myself for right now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts