I drank lettuce today...and I liked it

Hello my Lovelies,

Well first let me say, I should not blog when I'm tired.  I forgot so much last night that I wanted to mention. lol.

I forgot to mention that I always keep a protein bar in my gym bag in case I get super hungry or feel like my blood sugar has dropped.  I was a Girl Scout.  I am always prepared.

Oh dang it, and speaking off....Got the email today that someone's sister is selling Girl Scout Cookies.  We can order and he will bring them in tomorrow.  SHOOT ME NOW!  Girl Scout cookies are like my Kryptonite.

I must have sensed that was coming because I woke up with a very very sore neck.  Actually, I'm blaming this one on Harry Connick Jr.  He is on Law & Order: SVU now and last night was his first episode.  I propped myself up in bed ready to watch and totally passed out.  I woke up at 4:30 am with my glasses still on and my neck in a very odd position.  It hurt all morning.

I decided this was God's way of telling me that this will be my day of rest.   Instead of the gym I would go get my much needed oil change and come home for a nice evening with my heating pad.  Now, there is a gym by the Pep Boys that I can use.  And originally the plan was to go there for my gym night while I wait. But, I have my work laptop and I can't leave that in the car and I'm not comfortable putting it in the locker at the gym.  You are probably asking yourself "But Jennifer why didn't you leave it at work?"...yeah, that's a good question.  I needed the night off though.

I did not walk at lunch because I attended a presentation at work: Resolve Restore & Renew.  It was a presentation on taking steps to include wholesome and clean food into your life.   I loved it.  I took lots of notes and I will share with you this weekend.  The whole time I was just smiling like crazy.  I felt like I should have a  gold star.  I did not go to school for nutrition.  I have not gone through an eating program.  The decisions I make on eating come from educating myself...and guess what: Common Sense.

At the end of the presentation it was sample time.  There was a "Serenity Stew" to taste.  Simply put, it was made of vegetables and water.  It was delicious.  The different vegetables played off each other and it was just plain good.  You can add seasonings, but that's a personal preference.  I'm going to say that if you are used to processed or greasy foods it may be hard to take.  I'm very sure that 5 years ago I would have thought it was bland and gross.  Oh how my life has changed.  I would have eaten several bowl fulls if I could.

There was also a Fruity Green Smoothie.  Okay, so I watched it being made and even I was extremely skeptical.  The blender was full of spring mix.  How the heck is liquid spring mix going to be good?  Liquid leaves?  um....But it was!  There was also an apple, banana, and frozen organic blueberries.  She forgot the lemon, but that's ok.  It was stinkin good!

The lady who gave the presentation is a "Health & Lifestyle Coach".  Ladies and Gentlemen I have found my calling.  This is what I want to do with my life.  I just have to figure out how.

Oh before I go I know you are dying to know about Day 2 on the Exercise Ball.  Still Love it!  I am finding myself slouching, but very quickly correcting my posture.  So it's a good thing. 

****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts