My biggest frustration...."half-assing it"

Happy Hump Day My Lovelies!

So yesterday I told you about how good it makes me feel knowing that people are looking to me for advice and motivation.  Better than good actually...I'm not quite sure there is a word for it, so I will make it up Fan-Fit-Tastic!

Today I want to talk to you about the frustrations I feel.  The Renew Seminar I went to last week talked about the "Disconnect" that people have.  I see this every stinking day.  It's soooooo frustrating.  I feel like beating my head against a wall.  I have talked about my "A-Ha" moment.  That moment when it finally hit me just how badly I abused my body.  It is a SUCKY moment.  It is a heartbreaking moment.  It is a gut wrenching moment.  I always knew what I was doing was wrong, but my denial and low self-esteem kept me from acknowledging it. 

Until that "A-Ha" moment you could have talked to me until you were blue in the face about how crappy I was doing, but I would Never EVER listen to you.  I would actually get mad and hurt and push myself further into the deep end.  "They don't know what they are talking about.  I am perfectly fine.  That's a load of crap.  They don't KNOW me."  *insert oreo cookie*

I needed to be ready to face it. I needed to be ready to accept responsibility.  I needed to make the first step.  No one could push me into a change.  I had to do it myself.

So here I am watching people make the same mistakes I made day after day.  No matter what I say, they don't care.  They don't listen.  They are not ready.  I don't want to push and have them hate me.  I want them to see the light.  I want them to realize they are slowing killing themselves needlessly.  I want them to know there is hope.  But they aren't ready.

So here's the "Disconnect".  I like to call it "Half-Assing" it.  Bringing a cheeseburger to a healthy eating seminar.  Going out for pizza right before a Yoga class.  Drinking Coke while eating a salad.  Stopping for fried chicken on the way home from the gym.  Don't ask me for advice and then provide a list of excuses when I ask how you about your progress. Are you seeing my frustration?

I see people complaining about how tight their pants are getting.  Well put down the cookie and go for a walk.  I have family members on High Blood Pressure medication.  I don't want that to be me.  The doctors will tell you that proper nutrition and exercise will help reduce high blood pressure.  I do not want to rely on that medication for the rest of my life.  Think of the money I can save!  I'm going to Hawaii!  Tony Stewart Call Me!  Meet me there.

So I don't want to become the overly aggressive Health Nazi and have people hate me and push me away.  I just want the people I love to live a healthy life.  It's that simple.  I even want the people I don't know to live a healthy life.  *Ironically I have the Coca-cola song running through my head right now... I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony...Only I would make it "I'd like to teach the world to eat and just be healthy"*

So if you get an email, text, phone call, or in your face yell of  "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" it's because I care :-)


****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. I can see your frustration. But until they get their "A-Ha" moment too, there's not much you can do but just offer support when they ask. I guess that's all part of being a mentor. I think it's great that you are such a wonderful mentor to all these people though. Your blog inspires me every time I read it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It makes it easier knowing that I have all of you :-) ps-love your blog too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts