Frozen buns, Helping others Train, and a yummy dinner...Good day

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

Well the Arctic Blast is on it's way out...YEAH!  It was in the balmy 40's today.  I'll take it!  While I enjoyed going back to the mall to walk, I missed the fresh air and extra time walking the parking lot.  I got smart this morning and brought a sweatshirt to put on for this walk.  It worked.  My upper body was toasty warm.  It was my lower body that was a tad cold.

I want to prepare for the Polar Plunge 5K though. It's going to be a bit chilly.  My mind was occupied during the walk.  I had important things to figure out.  What would I wear for the 5k, plunge, and Half coming up.  I may need to go shopping for this.  haha. 

Actually I had a couple other things on my mind.  I am proud to announce that I am helping two friends start training.  One is training for the 5K and one is training for the Half.  I am coming up with a schedule for them.  I am also coming up with lists of things they will need to get ready.  They have different workout backgrounds and different issues.  Ms 5K has asthma so prepping her for walking in the cold has to factor that in.  Ms Half is used to kickboxing classes and short times on the treadmill.  We need to get her out for long distances on trails.  That's going to be tough at night in the dark.  We only have 9 weeks to get her up to 13 miles.  The other night she did a full hour and this weekend her homework is to hit a trail for two hours.

Another fun inspiration is that I do believe I have talked a friend into joining Planet Fitness with me.  "You know I don't drive at night" was thrown at me.  It's okay though, I offered to pick her up and be her gym buddy. NO EXCUSES.

So tonight was date night with work husband and his girlfriend.  We picked California Pizza Kitchen for dinner.  It's always a crowd pleaser.  I went online to check out the menu to prepare myself.  I saw a roasted vegetable salad that looked pretty awesome.  I had every intention of getting that for dinner.  My plan was to have half for dinner and half for lunch for tomorrow.  My wallet was not thrilled with the price of the salad.  I then saw something: Asparagus + Spinach Spaghettini -Sautéed asparagus, spinach, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and Parmesan. Plus, you can substitute multigrain penne pasta for the spaghetti and add chicken.  SOLD.  


Oh heck yeah it was delicious!  I can't wait for lunch tomorrow. LOL. We did pass on dessert too so that was an extra bonus.  So it was a successful day. 

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts