Happy New Year

Happy New Year Beautiful People!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Have you missed me?  Just kidding.  I have missed you though.  Although I do enjoy my "computer-free" days.  It doesn't really count when I have a smart phone though. lol.

Okay, so let's get down to the good stuff.  Once the Half Marathon was over I feel like I completely slacked.  I know that I was sick, I had overtime, and it was the holidays.  But, there's always going to be an excuse.  I can seriously count on one hand the number of times I worked out between the Half and New Year's Eve.  I'm not happy with that. It's a New Year though and I'm determined to start it off right.

Yesterday (New Year's Eve) I hit the Fitness center in the morning.  I was very happy to find the place packed by the time I left.  I wanted to get in at least 5 miles.  I want to work on my jogging and since I end up going slower after jogging I finally used my blonde head and ended with jogging.  hahaha...took me long enough to figure that out.  The good news is that my 5 mile time was my personal best!  Oh yeah, I was finishing 2011 strong (and sweaty).

I had motivation though.  I am happy to report that I am registering  for my next Half Marathon.  I got permission from my cousin to do the DC Rock'N'Roll Half Marathon with him on St. Patrick's Day.  Since he was my cheerleader I was going to do the same for him, but I really really REALLY wanted to do this race.  He has a group of friends that he's doing it with and one of the girls will be taking pictures at the finish line.  So I'm in!  I have had a skip in my step ever since.  THANK YOU RANDY!  I am soooooo excited.

After he gave me permission we went to the movies.  I was in such a Half high that I was ready for the challenge.  We stopped somewhere first to stock up on drinks and snacks.  I got a flavored water and peanut M&M's.  The smell of the popcorn did not even phase me.  YEAH...of course I was also mesmerized by Robert Downey Jr...YUM.

So I'm not a huge New Year's Eve person. We went out to get some snacks for the night though and I stocked up on carrots and guacamole...and cheesecake.  I fell asleep at 11 though so we pulled them out for football today (GO RAVENS!). 

I was happy to go to sleep early because the plan was to hit the Fitness Center this morning before church.  I slept in later than I thought so I was only able to get 3 miles in, but they were a fast 3 miles and I was a giant sweaty mess when I was done.  It was GOOOOD.  I was a little disappointed that I only saw one other person in the fitness center, but it was early and I'll just assume everyone was at church :-)

***

Alright, I just took a little break for dinner.  After dinner we pulled out the cheesecake.  It is a tiny sampler. The pieces are literally 2 bites, 3 if you're lucky.  In full disclosure, I had a slice earlier today.  They are tiny though so I figured I could have a second piece after dinner.  It was not until I had finished it that I saw the calories.  HOLY CRAP!  330 calories for each piece.  Are you serious? I have now had my cheesecake intake for the whole of 2012.

And speaking of sweets...you that's my downfall.  We went to Target yesterday to hit the Christmas sale.  It was down to 3 aisles at 70% off.  Fun. Except that one aisle was candy. Did you know that Andes Candies now makes a white chocolate peppermint chocolate?  Neither did I.  It was like they were following me.  There was a bag everywhere I went.  So the first question I had is: How have they not sold out?  And the second was: what bastard is trying to kill me with this? 

I remained strong and did not buy any of the big bags. I had the sweet tooth though and found a little bag with 3 lindor truffles.  It's portion control.  And I think we all know, that I ate them all in a matter of ten minutes.  I have no self control when they are in my hands.  If I can avoid buying them I would be in good shape.  Can you imagine if I bought the bag of Andes Candies?  All of that working out would have been for nothing.

Before I go, I will share a fun moment from the morning.  After church we made a quick stop at Office Depot.  As soon as you walk in the door there is Tony Stewart in a suit (well a cardboard cut out of him).  So of course I took a picture with him.  It's not as good as a phone call, but it was a nice way to start the New Year.  Don't we make a pretty couple?  lol.


Happy New Year everyone.  Let's make it full of good choices.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. You can do some interval work (like Tabata) to work on your pace after jogging. When you stop working harder (running/jogging) your heart rate increases which can make you slow down. Doing intervals will work on your cardio capacity and help you train through that feeling. The key with intervals is HARD. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being wanting to die the interval part should be about a 7-8. The recovery a 5 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's not the breathing that I have problems with though, it's the knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then I would suggest getting the knee checked out. If it's a persistent problem having it checked can't hurt. Even if it's arthritis that isn't the end of the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts