Hair- Part Deux

Hello Bleeps!

Let me start by saying that tonight was Belly Dancing Monday.  Good News: I was WAY better at it today than last week.  WOO WOO.  Can't wait til next week.  There are three workouts.  I'm pretty decent at the first.  Getting comfortable with the second.  Really gotta work on the third though.  And yes, I turned my fan on.  I was getting quite warm and broke a sweat.

So after I posted last night about my Hair issues I had some revelations.

Why did I always have long hair when short hair is supposedly more flattering for a fat face?  I came up with two reasons.

First, quite simply: Denial.  I still can't explain how I knew how fat I was and yet lived in this denial that I was.  Survival I guess.

Second, Long blonde hair on black clothes will draw attention away from the fat body.  Go ahead and laugh.  I did when I figured this out.  It's not like I was Rapunzel and completely hiding my body.

So today I was looking at pictures of hairstyles.  I think I know why I want to cut it so bad.  I see the big Makeover Week on the Biggest Loser and see how they feel when they get their new look.  I think that's what I'm looking for.  I want that big WOW moment.

I have found a few cuts that I want.  The one I keep coming back to is the Jenny McCarthy angled bob.  She doesn't have bangs though so I'm not sure how it would look on me.  Well actually I do.  Sending a big shout out to Maci who had her husband photoshop it on me.  lol.  I am so NOT posting that picture. haha.  I still want to try it though.  I used a Nicole Ritchie picture the last time I got it chopped.  It didn't quite look like that so I don't know what to expect.

I have come up with a plan though.  I'm using my hair as my next big reward.  I have some small rewards lined up, but this is my next big one.  I will allow the cut when I can button a pair of size 6 jeans.  This may take the couple of months I need to grow my hair longer.  Or it could be this weekend.  I haven't tried it yet.  It's been on my things to do list since christmas, but I've been a bit busy.

My small rewards are: when I can log 25 miles on the treadmill in one week I can get the Maroon 5 cd.  The next reward is logging 40 miles on the bike and I can get the Adele cd.  They aren't big rewards, but I want them and I appreciate them just that much more when I have earned them.

Now those are strictly in the gym.  They aren't including my lunch walks. Normally that 25 would be easy, but since I'm incorporating weights and the bike it's cutting down my miles.  That 40 miles I think is very doable.  I'm already halfway there and I have until Friday to get the rest.  Heck, I want that cd so I might just knock it out in two nights.  Since tonight was belly dancing I'm going to need to step it up a bit though.  I also have my day off to be determined.  Weather is a factor this week.  I don't mind the cold and rain, but there is a little ice in the forecast.  Ice means more Belly Dancing :-)

Have a wonderful night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts