Who has a case of the Mondays? I DO! I DO!

Raise your hand if you had a case of the Mondays today *two hands raised*


Thank goodness the day is over.  Is it Friday yet?  Yep, it was one of those kinds of days.  I am mad at myself for letting some hurt turn to anger today.  That upset my whole day.  The pipes above me were dripping on me and my desk all day (dangerously close to my laptop).  My walking buddy had to work through lunch so I stayed in and read instead of going to the mall and walk by myself.  I wasn't paying attention on a communication and it looked like I was complaining about someone when I was really  making a comment about someone else.  Yep, it was one of those days.

And to top it off, I was so tired on my way home that my eyes were getting way too heavy.  It's belly dancing night, but I made the mistake of laying down for a moment to gather myself to together and fell asleep.  I took that as my sign to take the night off and just chill out.  Working out is great for stress relief, but I also need some down time.  So tonight I am going to my happy place.  Right now I have the Hawaii Music playing and my beach candle burning....ahhh. Tony Stewart Call Me!  Meet me in Honolulu :-)

The good news is that this is how I am dealing with a frustrating day now.  The former Fat Girl would have stopped at Wendy's for a burger, fries, and a frosty.  Or she would have talked me into an ice cream dinner.  There's always that quick stop for a chocolate bar or a pint of Ben and Jerry's (Chunky Monkey actually calls my name). Oh how many times I have done that.  Sadly the urge is still there.  It really is, but I am getting better at squashing it.  It's taken a long time, but it's getting easier.

Tonight I knew that I had some fabulous chili and a spinach salad waiting for me.  So yummy.  For my chocolate fix I can either indulge in that banana fudge supreme pudding or the new whipped chocolate almond South Beach bar.  I am choosing the bar...yeah! 


If I had the energy I would fill the tub for a nice long bubble bath.  I used to love them.  I still do, I just haven't had one in forever.  I loved them, but they also stressed me out.  It was hard to enjoy something when your belly is bulging over the bubbles.  I would gather the bubbles as much as I could to cover my belly, but it was still there mocking me.  I would spend five minutes laying there before I would get annoyed and jump out long before I was completely relaxed.  I think it would be much better now, but there's still that bubble bath stigma.

I'm going to call it a night and enjoy my happy place.  Have a great night and I'll catch you after the gym tomorrow.  Oh dang it, I have to come up with my new incentive.  I still need to earn that Maroon 5 cd...and the New Dierks Bentley is coming out in a couple of weeks...any ideas?

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts