Let's Go Orange!

Let's Go ORANGE!

Last night was pretty dang sweet.  Work husband and I went to the Syracuse/Villanova (College Basketball) game.  I loved my time at Syracuse and I live for College Hoops. So it's always a great night.

Last year I went and had not eaten dinner before hand.  I had to resort to the concession stands for my meal *Insert loud groan now*.  I settled on chicken strips and french fries.  This year we planned ahead.  During lunch work husband ran out to Wawa to get us small hoagies.  I opted for the roast beef on a whole wheat roll.  I would normally have turkey, but I wanted to splurge a little. Before leaving for the game I had small snacks every hour hoping to fill up so that I would be less hungry. It seemed to work.

We got there in record time and when we pulled in for parking they directed us to Reserved Parking right in front.  Why thank you don't mind if we do.  I walked over to pick up our tickets from Will Call - no line.  Oh and everyone we saw was wearing Orange :-)  We quickly at our hoagies and headed across the street for an Alumni gathering. 

We headed to the bar for our drinks...they never took our money.  Seriously at this point I was thinking someone was going to give us court-side seats. Ha Ha.  A spot opened up and we were able to enjoy our beverages.  And then it happened.  I could smell something fried.  The guy standing behind me was enjoyed a lovely meal of french fries, fried fish, and mozzarella sticks.  I was completely distracted.  It's all I could focus on. 

Just as I gathered my wits about me a waitress when walking by with a plate of nachos and a plate of what looked like brisket.  I have no idea what it was, but it smelled DIVINE!

I couldn't take it so we headed back over to go find our seats.

I knew I was going to be doing a lot of screaming and yelling so I had to get a drink.  I opted for a small coke.  I should of had a water, but I drink water all day long and I have such a hard time paying $5 for it.  I was very proud that I passed on the soft pretzels and french fries. Go me!

Halfway through the first half I was going nuts with the smells of fried food all around.  So I busted out the gum.  I offered it to Work Husband and he accepted.  He stepped out to use the little boys room at half time and thanked me for the gum when he came back.  He said it kept him from getting the crab fries.  :-)

I chewed that gum the whole game. It was nasty by the time the game was over, but it was a successful mission.  It was a good night.

Oh and yes, my boys won.  They remain Number ONE and undefeated.  A good night was had by one and all....well except for the Villanova fans.

LET'S GO ORANGE!
-The Syracuse Chant

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts