Taking the First Step

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Before I get started, I just want to thank everyone for their support :-) I have enjoyed the silly face texts and inspirational quotes. I am feeling the love.

So in all of my studying one thing is clear...Walking is key!  It's what got me started and I am a firm believer in it.  The former fat girl always wanted to run, but it was not gonna happen.  But, you know what, you can get there by walking.  It just may take a little longer.

Walking is a great way to start your journey.  Put on some fun music and go clear your mind for 30 minutes. Grab a book and hit the treadmill.   Seriously, I love walking and reading at the same time. If I could figure out knit while reading on a treadmill my life would be complete. Anyway, I don't suggest walking every day and reading, but a few times a week is cool. It makes the time go by. Just make sure you are really walking, not barely moving. And alternate with some brisk walking.

If you are looking to get started on your journey start with walking. Do it by yourself. Grab some friends. Just do it! And keep to a schedule. Remember the Rule: You need to do something for 21 days for it to become a habit. So try 2-3 days a week for three weeks. Soon you won't remember what you were doing before.  I would suggest keeping to the same time every day. Get in a routine.

I would also suggest investing in a pedometer. Keep track of your mileage. Track your progress. I am in a "200 miles before the End of Summer" group on Facebook. Members post the number of miles they did that day and how many they have to go before 200. It is so motivating. If I am feeling lazy, I will see someone's post and want to post too. And I love watching my numbers grow.  Someone once told me about her sister who started her the new year by pledging to walk 300 miles that year. Now my first thought was "You can do more than that!", but we are talking motivation. That's what her goal was. Within a few years she was competing in triathlons. That is freakin awesome!

So grab your sneakers and water and get started!

Have a Blessed Night my Friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts