Another Random Wednesday

Well Bleeps it's that time again...Time for Random Wednesday.

Last night it was rainy and icky and the last thing that I wanted to do was go to the gym, but I did it anyway. I had to. I started a new book for book club and I gave myself some rules. It's a Stephen King novel and I am not a creepy/scary fan.  I truly am not. So the rules are: 1-Read during daylight 2-Read in public places with lots of people around 3-if I get creeped out put it in the freezer.

Let me give you a little background. Back when I was living in Charlotte my roommate went down to Costa Rica for 10 days. On day 1 a commercial for The Exorcism of Emily Rose came on. I was so freaked out that I didn't leave my room for the rest of the night. Every night when I came home from work I would grab everything I needed for the night from the kitchen and then I was off to my room. Not to emerge until daylight. I know, I'm a scaredy cat, but that's the truth.

Monday night after starting this book something fell in my closet and I leapt about a hundred feet in the air.  So you can see why I have the rules. I had to go to the gym because that counted as a public place. Although the first night I was reading it on the treadmill I bit my hand so hard trying not to scream the guy next to me thought I was crying.

I share this for you for many reasons.  I often say that eating right and working out involves stepping out of your comfort zone. Well this is me doing that. This is as little comfortable as I get. My other rule is that I am not allowed to study until I finish it. I want this book done and over!

So I got to the gym and went in to change. BAH!  I pulled out my running skirt.  I thought I had packed my spandex shorts. I got the skirt with my giftcard to Modell's with FCANR last month. It was on sale and didn't cost me anything. It looks pretty cute on. Although it didn't quite look good with the shirt I packed...oh well. This was my first time wearing them and I didn't like it at all. They were okay while I was walking, but as soon as I started to run OH NO I didn't like them at all. Kept feeling like everyone could see my butt cheeks.

I'm surprised that I even packed them because after Monday night I thought I was done with shorts. When I got to the gym on Monday I realized that I had packed my gym bag on Friday back when it was still warm...I was COLD in the car. So I now have a sweatshirt packed to put on for the walk to the car and back home.

I had tried to run a little last night, but my knees were killing me from Saturday's jumpfest. BAH. So I only ran for 15 and then I read my book the rest of the time. It's okay though because my big-ass blister keeps coming back. It's just the dead skin now trying to make a break for it and I know I can peel it off, but then I'm going to have fresh skin the size of a half dollar on the bottom of my foot...that won't feel good for a while. argh.

The gym has been making a lot of changes lately.  Mostly they have been moving equipment around. This is throwing me off, but I'm adjusting. They also started some promotion about pats on the back. I don't know what it is, but if they get so many then Cupcakes for Everyone!  Argh.  We already know how I feel about Pizza night. It's extremely frustrating. I will be honest, they must be paying BIG bucks for Biggest Loser because I really truly cannot see Bob endorsing this gym. I sit there and watch people using machines so improperly and there is no one to tell them that. They are only hurting themselves. I was the first to shrink away when the trainers would come over and try to help me, but they did help. I did learn to use things properly. And then all of these Food days are just dumb. Just because you are eating it at the gym does not make it good for you.  It just sucks. I picked this gym for my budget and you get what you pay for.  But, it is a gym, not a fitness center. There are many things that I do like about it, don't get me wrong. It's just getting harder and harder the more I study and see so many people do so many wrong things.

Then last night one of the workers came over and told that starting today management is enforcing new rules and one is that you can't hang bags on the equipment. Now, I see all of the girls hanging their pocketbooks. I get that this is why they made the rule.  But, my bag is my nylon bag with my lifting gloves and workout notebook. There is nothing of value and now I will have to go back to the locker room after cardio to get it before I hit the weights. argh. Other gyms put hooks on machines for you and mine is banning them. Well take that!  You will not beat me!  I will just wear my bag on my back!  And I did...Even after I saw three ladies with their bags hanging up.

The fun news is that on my way to the gym I returned a call to my aunt and cousin. They were on their way back to dropping my cousin at college. They wanted to ask if I would put together a workout plan for my cousin. She wants to start getting serious with working out and weights. YEAH!  I was super excited. So when I got home I put together an email with my Assessment questions. She responded and I hope to have something lined up for her by this weekend.

So today they were collecting money for a work event tomorrow night. At the time there was no change. So I got all excited because all I have been thinking about for the past couple of days is the White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Sweet!  I shall go there to read my book, get my coffee, and get some change.  DOH. They were all out. Foiled again.  Oh well I will try next week.

The event tomorrow is a Tailgating party.  When they first announced it I thought "nope I'm skipping and going to the gym". That is not food I can control. But, it should be fun and I decided to make it my day of rest. Now I'm in a total panic about what food will be there.  There is a chili cookoff, but I've been eating chili for 3 weeks now. My group rented the grills so I'm thinking burgers. I believe I heard pulled pork bbq sandwiches...so I'm pretty on board for that. And really, I get to come to work in my Ravens jersey so it's a no-brainer. I'm going to stay for it.

But, I was not feeling so hot today and really wanted to skip the gym. Plus I'm still a little annoyed about the "bag in the locker thing". Do they not know about the other night when my brain fried and I could not remember my combination????  I had to go though. If only to read more of the book. Plus, I'm running out of time with Gym Crush 1...I did see him last night, but only from a far.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts