Feet Don't Fail Me Now! - Too late

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Did you have a good weekend? It was gorgeous here. I wish I could have spent more time outside. This weekend was full of moving though. I took a load each day to the new place.  So I guess I did spend some time outside. haha.  Although loading and unloading the car doesn't really count in my book.

I finished the Stephen King book on Friday night and that pretty much shot my peaceful night's sleep. Basically I had those reading rules for a reason. Finishing it after dark alone in the apartment was dumb.  I needed to go take my contacts out and go to the bathroom before bed, but was pretty much too scared to leave my room. I had to put all of the lights on (and the bathroom is a 3 foot walk from my bedroom door).  Needless to say, I immediately picked up a new mindless book to start.

I'm fairly certain that it was the reason that I woke up so early on Saturday. My brain woke up early, but it took a long time for my body to catch up.  I needed to get up and hit the gym, then come back and load my car.

My plan was to run for an hour. But, my body had other plans. I was fine on the treadmill all week, but on Wednesday I started to have some problems with my foot.  My good foot. BAH!  Whenever I would walk down steps it felt like I had jammed my ankle. I could feel it a little while was was doing my warm up mile on the treadmill.  I wasn't sure how it would feel if I ran. I decided to test it out. Nope. I didn't last 30 seconds. BAH!  Frustrated I got off and got on the elliptical. I thought maybe if I wasn't actually lifting it then it might feel better. Wrong. I lasted 15 minutes and then I was limping over to the ab machine.

I was so annoyed.  Last week my brain failed me and this week my body did. I suppose it's a good thing that I get so annoyed at this. I've said it before, but the Former Fat Girl would have used these as excuses not to workout.

Normally I would take this as an excuse to move to weights. Except with all of the lifting and carrying I am doing for the move I don't want to overdo it and get sore. So I resigned myself to skip the gym on the weekends until the move is over.

So now let's go back to the foot. Remember when I said that I noticed it when I was putting pressure on it going down stairs?  Well that is NOT cool when you live on the second floor and are putting things in the basement at the new place.

When I got home last night I immediately soaked the foot in epson salt. It felt a little better today and luckily Heather was there to help me unload this time. It didn't hurt as bad, but I'm not encouraged for my running this week. I will be walking only.

I was trying to figure it out and the only thing that makes sense is that my jumping (dancing) at the wedding last weekend injured it.  Consulting with my Aunt has resulted in a diagnosis of a sprain/stretched ligament. That feels about right. The problem is that it will take some time to heal.  I have a 5K in two weeks and I wanted to train for the Half in December (haven't registered yet so we'll see how I'm feeling in a week). 

I know I overdo it. I know I beat up my body. For the most part it can handle it, but every so often it yells back at me to take it easy. So I am listening now. I have things to do. I can cut back on the workouts and running for a bit. That just means I need to be very good with my food.  And already I have failed.

I picked up a bag of Tootsie rolls yesterday. I was supposed to ration them out. Yeah, the bag is almost gone. Stupid stress!  I tend to rationalize it with myself: Well I didn't eat as much as I needed to today and I did exert a lot of energy moving.  That's a load of Crap Jennifer!  You went well over the serving size and ate it simply because you had the urge.   I told you, if you buy it you will eat it. And no one knows this better than I do. Argh!

Okay, tomorrow is Make Amends Monday. Let's make it a good one!

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

PS - I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Comments

Popular Posts