It's Random Wednesday Y'All!

Woo Woo for Random Wednesday!

So Wednesdays are awesome because they are Random Wednesdays, but they are also Breakfast day at work.

For several years now there have been a couple different Breakfast Clubs at work. One is on Wednesday and one on Friday. If you are a part of the club then you are assigned one week and bring breakfast in for the large group. I had not joined because I could not rely on what other people provide me for breakfast.

One group would put the food so close to my desk.  It drove me insane. If someone cooked I could smell the eggs, bacon, syrup, sausage, etc all day. Plus there would be the people coming over and getting the food and of course commenting on how good it looks and smells.

A couple of months ago someone complained to me about the club he was in. He wanted to start one that banned Bagels. Some weeks people splurge and make something special, but for the most part it's bagels every week.  We talked about starting a fruit club. We could have fruit, yogurt, and granola.

A few weeks ago Ms. Kerri and I were asked if we wanted to join the Wednesday Club.  We are now under the same manager as most of the members. I decided to join this one. Mainly because I can plan around bagels. Plus, my week will be fruit and yogurt.  My week isn't until February though.

So today was a special day. There was a french toast casserole, bananas, yogurt, and granola. Pretty much if you can put syrup on it, I will eat it. The portions people were cutting for themselves were 3"x1.5".  It looked delicious...but I so wanted a bigger piece. I didn't though. And it was good. I also took a banana and some yogurt with granola. It was tasty and my lips were sticky for an hour.

***
Yesterday was flu shot day. I didn't get a shot the last two years.  But, the years before that I also had my pal Mandi there to hold my hand...and I hers.  We are shots chickens. I can handle the pain so I don't know what my problem is...but I see that needle and I start to freak out. If I don't see it I am fine.

Normally I am fine, but yesterday's hurt for a while. I'm going on the theory that there is a lot more muscle there than before. Less fat to go through.

Anyway, by the middle of the afternoon Ms. Kerri and I were barely able to keep our eyes open at our desk.  My plan for the night was to go to the gym, but when I got to the library after work to pick up a book on hold I had nothing left in the tank. Not even the lure of a Gym Crush could get me to the gym.  When I got home I packed a few boxes and sat down. I wanted to lift on commercials, but I could barely keep my eyes open. So I was out. We have no idea if it was a reaction to the shot or just a weather thing or what, but man I was knocked on my butt yesterday.  I've never reacted that way before, but who knows.
***
So the other day I was walking around Target on the phone with my mom. I wasn't paying attention and found myself in the Halloween candy aisle. BASTARDS!  Did you know that there is a new Milky Way out there?  Caramel Apple Milky Way...hello, you have my attention!  It will either be completely awesome or horrible...I did not buy them...but I am now becoming obsessed with them in my head. If only they had a big one. I don't want the whole bag :-(

***
Conversation with Ms. Kerri today:

She came walking back from lunch carrying a bag of cool ranch dorritos looking like the cat that ate the canary. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Me: That better not be your lunch.
Ms. Kerri: I'm not that hungry. Besides I ate a Milky Way in the car.
*look of horror*
cut to ten minutes later
Ms. Kerri: Man I am so full.
Me: Just from the dorritos?
Ms. Kerri: And the Milky Way!

It's a good thing I heart her!

***
Ms. Barb is Famous!

So I know I don't tell you that much about Ms. Barb any more...but they moved her clear across the building a few weeks ago and I hardly see her anymore. We've only gotten together for lunch one day since she moved.  Luckily we have Instant Messaging though.

Monday morning she messages me asking if I know someone.  I say that I do, I went to High School with her.  Turns out that she's the cheerleader coach for Ms. Barb's daughter. I don't know how the subject of me came up, but it was mentioned that Cheryl reads my blog.  I immediately responded: Did you tell her that you are THE Ms. Barb?  haha.

Hi Cheryl!  Isn't Ms Barb Great?

***
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts