Friday Night- Pity Party of One

Hello Beautiful People!

Happy Friday!  Can I get a Woo Woo for Friday?  So happy the weekend is here.  I have so much to do. But, sometimes I feel like I have a split personality too. I'm happy for the weekend, but if I don't have any official plans with friends or family I actually dread the weekends.

They can feel mighty lonely.

Who doesn't love 5 o'clock on Friday? Seriously, I think it's the most popular hour of the week. And all week long I am counting down to it.  Hurry 5 o'clock!  I can't wait for you to get here.   When I am packing up my laptop and grabbing my bags there is this lovely elation. Then, as soon as I get in my car I drop. Unless I am travelling I hardly ever have big plans for Friday nights. It's sucky. But, I'm not a bar person anymore. In the summer I am stuck in beach traffic every Friday.  I'm usually beat and don't really feel like having a wild night out.

I do have my Friday night dinners with my friends and their kids, but our schedules have really been off for that. We've only been able to meet up a hand full of times since the start of the summer.

That's one of the reasons why I was happy to join the gym. I could go to the gym on Fridays now!  Why not?  It's not as crowded. I'm getting my workout in. I'm not at home having a pity party for myself. And quite a few times I even see some Gym Crushes there. 

Now the problem is, if I go and have a big run or something then Saturday morning when I go I don't feel as up to it. You body needs 24 hours to replenish itself after an intense workout.  So if I go on Friday night and then follow it up Saturday morning I have to plan it out. One has to be a weights workout and one has to be a cardio workout.

Okay, so now I've worked out and I go home. I make my dinner and I shower. It's not the most exciting Friday night, but I feel a little better.

This is not a plea for people to suddenly start inviting me to go out. haha.  Although I am waiting for the campaign to start to get Tony Stewart to actually call me. Just kidding. (No I'm not. TONY STEWART CALL ME!)

The reason why I am writing about this is because I am not alone. I know that some of you out there are in the same boat. There is nothing worse for the Former Fat Girl than loneliness. That's when she hit the food the most. We would replace the sadness with food. Food was the band aid. It didn't fix things, but it masked the problem.  It ain't called "Comfort Food" for fun.

Regardless how I am feeling on Friday nights now, I am working very hard at not turning to food. When I do get to meet up with my friends and go out to dinner I make that my treat for the weekend. Originally I tried going to the gym after dinner, but I just can't workout so soon. My belly needs time to digest. If not I just feel sick when I am moving all over.

Tonight I was in the car and halfway to the gym when I got the text for dinner.  I was completely delighted and happy to postpone the gym until tomorrow (I'm trying really hard to embrace the additional Rest days that I am giving myself right now).  We didn't know where we were going just yet so I decided to pull over and read while they figured it out.  I had read some at lunch (covering my eyes...doesn't quite work) and I just really want this book done with. I am NOT embracing the "Stepping out the Comfort Zone".

Just as I started reading they suggested Panera. YEAH. I am happy to get the half sandwich and salad. I enjoyed my dinner and came home to finish my book. I put on my big girl panties and sucked it up. Who care's if it's dark outside and I am home alone.  I can do this!  And I did!  I finished it. I will never sleep again, but I finished it. haha. And now I can go to the gym in the morning and have a nice run. Ahh...

Things are in motion for me right now. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm on my way there. And I have faith that soon I will be emotionally ready to find that Special Someone and I look forward to many Friday Nights with him. :-)

Have a Blessed Night My Friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts