The Grass Isn't Always Greener...

The Weekend is here Bleeps!

Oh thank goodness. Today was an icky day. It was rainy and Ms. Kerri was out today. The day was quite busy.  So busy that I barely got to get up and use the bathroom.  It was also a bad hair day. So between the hair and the lack of "reapplying make-up" time I was asked if I was feeling okay...because I looked sick.  Message received!

After work I was driving to the gym trying to decide what to do. Should I go?  I need a day off and I can get some packing done tonight, but then I thought about my day. I barely got up from my desk all day. I HAD to go to the gym. I didn't really have an option now did I?

I decided to try and run a little and see how my foot was. It was bothering me a little earlier...but it wasn't the sprain that was bothering me. I don't know if it was suggestive, but I got all excited that one of my Favorite Football Players is coming back this weekend. Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens tore his achilles tendon in the Spring.  He had surgery in May and was expected to miss the whole season. Well my man is back!  But, is it too soon?  I mean I can't wait to see him play again, but I would like to continue to see him play for many seasons. So if you remember, I pulled my achilles tendon during the Half Marathon last month. It hasn't given me a whole lot of trouble, but every now and then it'll be sore and makes me really not want to put any pressure on it.  It felt sore again today. BAH.

When I got to the gym I put in 10 minutes of walking.  I was feeling really good. My foot and knees felt great.  So I started running. After 15 minutes I felt a slight pain in my foot and immediately dropped back to a walk. I tend to push myself, but I will stop when I feel pain.  It wasn't a sharp pain and it wasn't in the achilles or where the sprain is...so I definitely had to stop.  I will not survive foot surgery if it comes to that. Can you imagine me staying off of my feet right now? Ha...I would go mad.

After my treadmill time I went over and hit the abs for 15 minutes. I have been focusing on them this week and I can see a difference in the belly FINALLY.  I decided to treat myself to some massage chair time before I left. It was lovely...and then it happened. Just as I was getting up to leave Former Gym Crush #1 came in...OMG!  I had not seen him in a couple of months. And naturally I turned completely stupid "What do I do? What do I do?"  I just had my cool down.  I had my bags with me. I couldn't just go back and work out...bah!  So I just stood there texting as many people as I could stealing looks at him...sigh...

Recently I have heard a lot of people say "I get a little jealous of you and all of the time that you can find to workout. You don't worry about running home to walk the dog or pick up the kids."  I'm not sure this recap of my rockin Friday night would make a lot of people jealous. haha. The grass isn't always greener on the other side...

Alright kids I'm going to call it a night. I have a lot to do this weekend and I want to get some rest before I do it...and soak my foot.

Have a Blessed Night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts