Do as I say, not as I do

Happy Monday Bleeps!

Well it's Make Amends Monday!  I'm starting over. No more tootsie roll binge eating for me.

So today I needed to run out to the post office at lunch. I wanted to go before the lunch hour rush.  I wasn't sure what I would do with the rest of my lunch hour, but I kept having the word Starbucks run through my head. The line for the post office was long, but when I was done I still had 30 minutes left.  Here is the conversation that I had with myself:

It's cold and rainy. It's the perfect day for something warm.

Jennifer you just brought in peppermint mocha. Its sitting in your desk.

Starbucks is right there, just run in.

Jennifer you went to Starbucks twice this weekend!  You don't need this.

But, one of those times was for unsweetened green tea. That doesn't count.

OMG you do not need to spend that money right now.

But, you still have money on your gift card!  

Do you really want to stay out in the rain?

Come on...you know you wanna try the Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha that you heard about yesterday....

mmm....Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha...

Alas, I did not stop. I went back to the office instead. I would like to say that I was super strong, but I will be honest.  I didn't want to stay out in the rain. That is what kept me from it.  But, I am really looking forward to this weekend's trip. I want to try that drink!

So I am almost done with my workout plan for my cousin.  I have had soooo much fun putting it together and I'm really excited about it. It's also made me face myself.  I've known what some of my problems are.  I could use a trainer of my own to keep things fresh for me. I've mentioned it before, but I have OCD. I need routine and schedules.  This is good and this is bad. I am good with schedules.  I am bad with switching up my routine.  I can switch it up from day to day, but the workouts themselves tend to look a like.  I will increase weight, time, and reps, but I need to incorporate more changes.

Let's talk about my 'routine' life. I LOVE board games.  One of my favorites of all time is Battleship. I could play that all day and all night if allowed. I would play with my ex and he was like some sort of Battleship Savant. No matter what I did he would hit one of my ships in the first 3 guesses. It would drive me crazy.  I got sooooo frustrated. How was that possible?  He said quite simply that I had a pattern. I would argue that I didn't, but yeah I did.

I love to scrapbook. I want to be super creative, but good lord there is such a pattern in every one of my books. I am a routine girl.  That's all there is to it. 

Tonight's workout was a challenge to myself. I still need to go light on my foot. So I did 30 on the treadmill and then I headed over to the mats for 30 minutes of abs. I hate my belly, but I haven't really been focusing on it.  So now, in the rotation will be 30 minutes of abs twice a week. In addition to the 10 minutes every workout. In order to keep it fresh I will switch between machines and mat work.  I will bust that belly if it kills me!

Have a Blessed Night My Friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts