I'll Be There For You...

Happy Sunday Bleeps!

This morning I was watching an episode of Friends before I went to church. I'm sure many of you will agree with me, but I'm going to say it anyway.  It's one of my favorite shows ever. I love all of the characters, but I've always been slightly annoyed at how they talk about Monica's "Fat" years.  Okay, more than slightly.

Ross: I grew up with Monica. If you didn't eat fast you didn't eat.

The jokes that fly around have never made me laugh. Jokes about how the Home Ec department had to spcially make her band uniform.  Jokes about a fake boyfriend because she was too fat to actually have a boyfriend. Jokes about how Chandler was so not interested in her when she was fat.  Jokes about her clothes. Jokes about the food she ate. Jokes about how strong she was compared to Ross.

I will tell you flat out right now, that I never joke about the Former Fat Girl. It hurts too much. It hurt my feelings then and it hurts to even think about now.  It was shameful.  I was embarrassed by how much I ate. There was no joking about it.

The fact that she's a chef mystifies me. It's like watching Sam on Cheers as a Bartender. It's beyond dangerous to put an addict in those environments.  Seriously, I have panic attacks in the grocery store. How the heck is she supposed to handle it? It's not like she specializes in healthy food.

One thing they never discuss is how she lost the weight. She just lost it. I guess it makes it easier to joke about the fat years if they don't actually have to explain how hard it would have been to lose the weight and maintain the loss.

And let's just talk about the "fat suit".  Why is it supposed to be so funny when they put the "fat suit" on Monica?  Is it because it's too outrageous to think that someone so beautiful and thin could have been that fat once?  I cringe every time Fat Monica shows up.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts