Random Tuesday



Happy Tuesday Bleeps!

Let's see where should I begin tonight? Ha I really don't know...I just spent another 5 minutes playing around on people.com...my guilty pleasure. haha.  I have a lot jumbled up in the ol' noggin so let's make it a random Tuesday!  WOO WOO  Happy Random Tuesday!

When my mom was here on Sunday she was in a pretty dress for church.  I decided to wear a dress too. So I put on one of my favorite dresses.  Do you remember the plaid shorts that I talked about before?  The comfy ones that I wore for many years.  Well I got this dress about 3 or 4 summers ago.  It pretty much became my summer dress.  It's beautiful and flattering.  It's a blue-green almost tied-dye pattern.  It's empire waist with cap sleeves.  The spandexy material makes it just do comfy.  It was nice enough to wear for special occasions and comfortable enough to almost sleep in.

 I would lose track of how often I would wear it.  Well this year I believe I have worn it 2 or 3 times.  I almost forget about it.  I have so many more options now.  The funny thing is that even though I don't plan on getting married, I had thought that if I ever were to do so (Tony Stewart Call Me!) I would wear a dress similiar to this style.  Not anymore.  I like dresses to hug my waist :-)

And speaking of clothes, in the summer I like to sleep in old t-shirts.  Well Tonight I am wearing one that I got right after I graduated college.  It was not purchased as a night shirt. I would wear it tucked in to shorts.  It's a XXL.  I am practically swimming in it.  Seriously, give me a belt and I have a mini dress on.  I should get rid of it, but it's a constant reminder of how far I have come.

So Thursday is once again scheduled for the Fitness Competition Final Assessment.  Tomorrow is my day of rest so tonight was my last workout before.  Although since I technically took Sunday off I had considered going to the gym tomorrow night for a quick hour on the treadmill.  But, I'm sticking to my Wednesday Rest Day schedule.  Besides, I need to study.  I will however take some time to stretch.  I am a little worried about that.  My initial assessment was shortly after all of the yoga and this final one will be after my months of weights.

Tonight I hit the treadmill for 30 minutes.  I walked it, but on an incline.  The half marathon course is not flat like my first one so I need to incorporate this in the training.  And then I headed over for the weights.  It was really crowded tonight so I had to wait around a little.  I had decided that I would lower my weights by 10 so that I wouldn't strain myself.  I hit the back and the chest.  But, the shoulders were busy so I jumped over to the Torso rotation.  When I hit the shoulders it was amazing how easy they were (I went back to my plateau weights).  The triceps were busy so I moved over to the Ab crunches. Then it was on to triceps and biceps.  Before I left I spent 10 minutes in the stretching area.  Man my hammies are still tight. Dang it.

Sorry, I'm getting distracted.  I'm watching my favorite episode of Big Bang Theory.  Interesting fact about me: I have been the biggest Sheldon fan since season 1.  Seriously.  Not a new fan.  I've been hysterical since the first episode...a Sheldon stalker if you will.  Well this Saturday may just be the best day EVER!  My wonderful aunt got us tickets to see him on Broadway.  I have been waiting months and months for this show.  My big fear is that it will be his rest time so I've been trying not to think about it.

Anyway, trying to plan ahead I took Friday afternoon off.  I can hit the gym before my aunt and mom arrive for dinner. We are leaving early on Saturday and I'm fairly certain I will be walking a lot that day.  But what to do for Sunday?  I looked up the hotel online and saw that they have a fabulous fitness room.  So I will be hitting that before we leave.  I had considered going when I get home, but who knows what the day will bring. It's best to plan ahead.

I am happy to report that I am now getting into a study schedule during my lunch hour.  YEAH!  Even if I only do that 2 days a week that's a little extra.  The goal is to dedicate Wednesday nights, 2-3 lunches, and at least 3-4 hours on the weekend.  I want this certification something fierce.   I got stuck on the heart for a little while. It reminded me of something.  I was born with a hole in my heart. I don't have any memories of it at all, but I know it still upsets my mom to talk about it.  I did some searching about it. How do they detect that?  What can be done?  What does it mean?  Well I asked my mom while she was here this weekend.

It was discovered during my very first visit to the pediatrician. He heard an extra little pff during my heartbeat.  I was sent to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  It was diagnosed and monitored.  The hole was the size of a pin so whenever I thought about it I didn't think it was that big of a deal.  But it was.  Basically the hole allowed my dirty blood to mix with my clean oxygenated blood.  So I did not have normal oxygen levels.  When I was 7 my mom fully expected them to say I would require heart surgery, but luckily it has closed up since the last visit. Thank goodness.  I'm especially glad because by the age of 7 I had started to gain the weight.  That's just a little more stress on my damaged heart. 

Before I go for the night, I just wanted to say Hello to all of you who are reading this from outside of the United States.  I am amazed at how many different countries I am reaching.  I would love to know how you found me.  Please feel free to leave a comment or email me privately (jhendersonfit@gmail.com).   Bon Jour France!  Zdravstvuj Russia! Guten Tag Germany! G'Day Australia :-)

Have a blessed evening my friends.

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts