Chasing My Dreams

Well hello my Lovelies and Gents,

It's a beautiful day isn't it!  The day started off a little frustrating, but it got way WAY better!

So I mentioned before about my desire to become a Personal Trainer.  Well I have secretly been making moves to do so.  It started off with talking about it with some PTs. Then I really started to talk about it with family and friends.  All the while I was researching how to go about doing so.

There were some issues holding me back.  Time is the main problem.  Work. Gym. Blog. Marathon Training. Family commitments. And study?  I guess I can cut back on the sleep...well I have my plan now. Someone said that I needed to stop making excuses and just dive right in.  I wasn't making excuses, I was just trying to figure out how to reprioritze things.

Financially I am not prepared to dive right in.  This was very upsetting.  But, I kept looking and I found a used study guide online.  I figured that I would start studying while I save up money for the exam and a current study guide.

I was all excited when it came on Friday and I could hardly wait to get started, but it was girls night so that would have to wait.  Then on Saturday I was so out of it from dehydration that I could not focus on anything (except Tony Stewart's win!  CALL ME!).  Sunday I went to Target to pick up some Back to School supplies for the backpack program through church.  While I was there I picked up some extra index cards, highlighters, and notebooks for myself. I was a little too excited :-)

Today I had a meeting set up with Alex, who runs the Fitness Competition at work.  I wanted to sit and really talk to someone about getting certified.  We had planned on scheduling a time when we had the final assessment, but that had gotten postponed.  So I had immediately emailed him to schedule a time.  I made my list of questions and was really excited to go.

We talked about everything from the certification process, to renewing, to studying, to marketing yourself, to dealing with Crazy clients...you name it.  We looked up some certification exam days and there are 3 days in September that are really close to me, but I don't think I will be ready in time.  But, I'm on the right track :-)

I came away so extremely excited.  I can see my future and it's bright!  Plus, later in the afternoon I talked to Hottie Instructor who has offered to help me with study sheets.  It's all good bleeps!

A couple months ago I was at church for book discussion.  The topic was about finding your joy.  Almost everyone there loved their jobs.  Someone said "I don't know what I would do if I wasn't excited to get out of bed everyday."  I was extremely quiet that night and got called out on it.  My response was that I was very tired.  And in truth I was. But, it was a very sad night for me.  I've always been jealous of people who find an occupation that they love.  If I could do it over again I would probably have chosen a different major. Although I am fairly certain that the Former Fat Girl would NEVER have majored in nutrition or exercise.

A couple of years ago my pal Amie was studying for her certification. I was so jealous when she quit (life at work was so sad after that) and went to work for a studio.  She is amazing and is now getting ready to open her own studio.  I had never been so jealous in my life.  I WANT TO DO THAT!

So what was stopping me?  Me.  It all goes back to how you see yourself.  This past year has been such an amazing journey for me.  I have pushed myself and proven that I could do things that I never thought was possible. But, I still had this negative image of my body.  Who would want a trainer with a belly?  One of the things we talked about today is that you are your own billboard. So I needed to be comfortable with myself before I could go put myself out there to find clients.

Well now I am starting to look at myself through other people's eyes not mine.  My eyes go directly to the areas that I need to keep working on. But, their eyes go to my sculpted arms and legs.  I can do this!  And let me just say that after this good day, my weights on back, chest, and the dreaded shoulders were upped tonight.  I am Awesome!

This week at the gym, Gym Buddy Lisa just kept thanking me for all that I have done for her.  Just one simple post on facebook inviting anyone in the area to come and be my gym buddy changed her.  She started coming and eventually got her own membership.  She went from thinking "when will I have the time for this?" to "I can't believe all of the time I wasted not doing this."  I heart her!  Knowing that I can motivate people is what drives me.  I cannot hold my knowledge and passion in.  I want everyone to be healthy and happy. In fact, one of the things we discussed today was marketing myself by offering to train friends and family for free.  Getting their success stories out there.  I mentioned this to one friend who has already offered to pay me. One client and I'm not even certified yet! 

So the plan was to get certified by Christmas.  But, tonight I challenged myself.  Lose the belly by Halloween and get certified by Thanksgiving...assuming I can get the funds together (early Christmas presents of cash are welcome :-)


Hello New World

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts