Me, Myself, and the Former Fat Girl

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

So the good news is that I woke up breathing! YEAH!  Can I get a Woo Woo for Breathing?  Well of course I always wake up breathing, but this morning my nose was not stuffed up.  YEAH!  It's going to be a good day.  I was so excited I wanted to straighten up before I left for work...but no time.  Now I am no anal Annie when it comes to cleaning, but clutter drives me crazy...messiness drives me crazy.  So you know I am not feeling well when the place looks crappy.  I always know when I'm on my way back to life when I want to clean. 

Okay, back to the breathing thing.  Fast forward to the commute to work and BAM I am stuffed up again. Dang it!  I am telling you, I am allergic to my work.

I was stuffed up all morning. Dang it!  I was optimistic and had packed my gym bag for after work.  I knew it was going to be 50/50 going in to the day, but my rule is: if there is coughing or stuffiness during the day then no gym.  As much as my body is craving a good run, I am not taking a chance on any setbacks.

So for lunch I headed to the mall to return something and the moment I left the office my nose completely cleared up.  I was able to breathe the whole time. Ahhh....hmmm maybe I can amend the no gym rule...the bag is packed after all....

And then the minute I walked back in to the office BAM I am stuffed up again.  Seriously???  After an hour I went and used my icky nasal spray.  I was clear for the rest of the afternoon.  YEAH!

So in the car ride home the usual debate began:

1: You are still sick you cannot go!

2: You are fine...take a deep breath see...you're all good!

1: Alright Miss OCD, if you're going to play that way, think of the mess at home!

2: It's been a while since you've seen a gym crush...

1: Laundry.  Vacuum. Take out the trash. Clean the kitchen. Make dinner.  Make lunch.

2: Your ass is getting flabby!

1: You are going away this weekend.  When are you going to have time to get everything done?

2: I swear our arms do not look as defined as they were last week.

1: Think of the bags of just laying around your room that need to be unpacked.

2: Gym Crush!

1: Do you really want any Gym Crush to see you this way?

2: You have a half day on Friday, you can get it all done then.

1: Is that a sniffle?

2: You have not been to the gym since Friday!

1: But you walked all over NYC on Saturday!

2: How long before the marathon?

1: What if your lungs collapse?

2: Okay, just go for 30 it's a start.

1: Hmm...I think I can do 30.

**News report: Traffic is backed up while they fix a pot hole right at Jennie's exit to get home expect major delays **

What?  Decision made.  I did not get to my exit (which is still 15 minutes before the gym exit) until 6pm.  I would not get to the gym and get changed until at least 6:30.  Okay, go home and clean.  Tomorrow your ass is at that gym! Well assuming I can breathe at work.



****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts