Busy weekend: Gym, Stretching, Ballgame, and Shopping

Hello Beautiful People!

Well it's been a long weekend so let's get started.  I was very happy Friday to meet up with my pal Amie. She Rocks!  She's the one who left work to become a personal trainer.  It's been about a year since I had seen her.  So we made a mall date for lunch and got to catch up.  I am thinking of taking a day off soon and going in to her studio to just hang out and learn from her awesomeness soon.  We checked out the Starbucks new Refreshers.  Kind of digging them.  A nice alternative to black coffee to get me moving on a hot summer morning.

Friday night I had not heard back from my friends about dinner and had just pulled up to the gym when I got the text.  They were at Chick-fil-a for dinner.  It was 5 minutes away, but I was already parked.  What should I do?

I hadn't seen the kids in a bit and figured that I could go and then come back to the gym.  It was friday night and I didn't have any other plans.  So I got back in the car and headed over.  It was very crowded because it was "dress as a cow and get free chicken night".  I loved seeing the kids and their parents too cute.  It wasn't my planned cheat day so I needed to think about what to eat.  I did not want to feel sick at the gym after.  So I got the kids meal with grilled chicken.  I should have asked for a waffle fry substitute, but it's a small portion of chicken and I needed something else in my belly.  I just chose not to eat all of the fries.  And I got a milk.

I went over to the gym after and put in an hour on the treadmill.  I didn't want to go too overboard because I would be back first thing in the morning.  And 7am on saturday rolled around mighty fast.  I got up and headed back over.  I was supposed to meet with Weights Buddy Mike (who better be reading this!), but alas he could not come...next time mister! 

I had to be home and showered by 11am so I had to be smart about the workout.  I put in 20 minutes on the treadmill and then it was weights time. I started with the back and upped my weights by 5.  HOLLA!  Then I moved to chest. I hit my high and I was struggling.  But that's okay.  I was moving up fast on that weight and it was bound to catch up to me.  And then it was shoulders time...

As I was walking over to the machine "Eye of the Tiger" started playing on the ipod.  I just got a huge grin and mentally yelled BRING IT!  I sat down and upped my weights. I only added 5lbs, but I have now doubled what I started with back in February...SWEEEEEEEEEEET!  Wonder woman in the house!  Bring on the Triceps!  I upped them by 5lbs too.  And then the Biceps by another 5lbs.

So quickly lets talk about the weights.  Sure I would love to say I upped my weights by 10 or 15lbs at a time, but that's not the path I am taking.  I am pushing hard at my levels so every 5lbs is a struggle. I will take them and be happy.

I also want to say that my chest, shoulder, and back became easier when I focused on my triceps.  They are the secret muscle that you work and you really don't realize it.  So focus on them when your arms feel weak.

Alright, so after my abs I had to rush home.  It was stretching day! YEAH!!!  Hottie Instructor was coming over to stretch gal pals Heather, Kristin, and myself.  The plan was for me to watch and ask questions and take notes so that I can to this for my own clients one day. Big shout out to Hottie Instructor for really talking each stretch through for me.  He's awesome!  I almost feel ready to try it on my own...almost.

When it came time for my stretch it was not as easy as my last one.  I have gone super heavy on the weights lately and not so heavy on the running because of my foot and shin issues.  I was TIGHT!  I did not have the range that I had last time :-(  But, that's why the stretching was important.  I had been working on stretching my legs myself, but I just overworked them.

Oh well, the fitness competition is over on Thursday...hopefully...and then it's time to run!

Saturday night was my cheat night.  My mom came up and we went to a minor league baseball game with church.  Along with our tickets we got our meal of hot dog, chips, and soda.  It's not that filling, but I was supposed to have a protein bar in my bag...I forgot to pack it. Dang it. I was hungry!  But, the options weren't there.

I did make an observation.  One of the mascots is Mr. Celery. He comes out to celebrate when the home team scores...but there is no celery served.  Just sayin...When we got home I had a protein bar and some hummus with multigrain pita.

This morning the plan was: Church, lunch, quick shopping, gym, home.  We got the Church part right (where Gym Buddy Lisa just plain looked fabulous!  I'm so proud of her.)  After church was coffee hour so we stayed for a little while.  But, then we needed to get a little shopping done.

We have a wedding coming up so we headed out to pick up some gifts. While we were out we came across these Frogg Toggs. Sounds weird, but I was intrigued.  It's a cloth that turns cold when you wet it.  But, it stays dry.  You can cut it so we got one to cut and half and share.  This should help with the Half Training out in the heat...I'll let you know how it goes.

Then we needed lunch so we went to subway.  Wheat, turkey, avocado, spinach, and tomato...made it a foot long so I have lunch for tomorrow.  Just hope the avocado isn't gross tomorrow.

Then we hit up Target...it wasn't a planned stop, but it was the first time we were shopping together since we learned that my brother and his wife will be having a boy around Halloween and Auntie Jennie needs to spoil.  I found him a little camo onesy that says "Muscle Man" te he.

The day got away from us and we opted to skip the gym. We were on our feet all day.  I'm sad because it was a good plan, but this was a fun day and that's allowed. I've busted my ass so an extra rest day (although walking and lifting all day isn't quite rest) isn't a big deal.  I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me on Thursday.

This just means I have to step it up tomorrow at the gym.

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts