Wednesday Randomness

Hello Beautiful People,

Are you keeping cool?  Are you drinking your water?  I hope you said yes to both of those.  We haven't had a randomness day in a while...so Happy Random Wednesday!

Today a friend was having a rough time.  She really needed to talk something through and get out of the office so I asked if she wanted to go to Starbucks with me at lunch.  I had already had a General foods international coffee (vanilla caramel) this morning so I was not allow a "fun drink".  I would get my iced green tea unsweetened.  It's refreshing on a hot day.  I so very much wanted a pastry too.  I wanted a cake pop.  I wanted a slice of pound cake.  I wanted a cookie.  I did not get any though.  Today is cake day at work.

I had asked Lety yesterday when we were going to be having the May birthdays cake.  Normally I would pass, but since it's celebrating my birthday...well it's just the polite thing to do.  She mentioned that it would be today.  She knows I like to plan ahead.

Cake time came and I had a tiny slice of vanilla with vanilla icing.  It was gone by the time I got back to my desk.  And then I scraped the plate.  Oh damn it!  I want another piece!  I begged Ms. Barb to get me another piece.  She did.  And then I called her my "Enabler". It was good though and I cannot stress that they really were small slices. BAH!  I hate that I feel the need to rationalize it.

Tonight was my last night for book discussion at church.  My routine has been to go to Subway Wednesday nights and split a foot long between dinner and lunch the next day.  As I was driving there I remembered my New Year's resolution: No Fast food (especially drive-thrus).  June is two days away and I can proudly say that I have not been to McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendys in 2012.  Now, truth be told I did go to the drive thru at chick fil a once, but that was because there were no parking spots to go inside.  But, I got a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat roll so that doesn't count really.

It's been easier than I thought to pass on Fast Food.  The only thing that has really truly tempted me has been a McDonalds Sweet Tea...$1 of pure joy.  It's a bargain and just unbelievably good.  It's also more sugar than is humanly necessary.  The size is a great deal for the price, but it would be nice if they sold it in smaller sizes.  I'm weaning myself off though.

When I left church tonight it really hit me.  My Wednesdays are open now.  And after next week my Tuesdays are open (booo...I will miss my classes).  That means I am back to the gym.  I haven't seen a Gym Crush in ages....where fore art thou Gym Crushes.

Since I don't have a class and a scheduled day off I need to make my schedule.  It's been hard to schedule my weights because of class.  Now I can get off schedule by a day and it will be okay to pick it up the next day.

So it's been hot.  Really hot.  And I have a lot of hair.  It's been pony tails for me for months, but especially lately.  The sucky thing is that even with it up, my head is soaked after a workout.  My hair is very thick.  I am soooo ready for locks of love cut!  It may happen sooner than later.  I get impulsive like that.  One of the girls at work wants me to do it tomorrow.  Well, I'm not that ready.  The only thing really holding me back is figuring out what to do with it while I workout if it's really that short.

Well I'm tired Bleeps.  Sweet Dreams!

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts